SIX | DINNER

SIX | DINNER

THE UNIMPRESSED TEEN SIPPED ON HER WATER WITH A BORED EXPRESSION. The others around her made gentle conversation. Evelina's parents were having an "intimate" gathering with only close friends for dinner. Meaning there were about thirty people in her house for dinner. To her, that wasn't really an intimate gathering. 

She sat at the large table in the dining room, next to her strict mother who was making sure her daughter was lady like the entire time. "Sit up straighter." Evelina's mother snapped at her in a low whisper to where only she'd hear.

Evelina groaned, sitting up a little more, but still, stayed slightly slouched in her seat. The adolescent was hoping the dinner would only last about an hour or so, but it was already seven and they hadn't even eaten the main course yet. She shouldn't be surprised by this either, their parties always ran way over time.

Roman Vitali was sitting far away from her on the other side of the table but kept making occasional eye contact with her green eyes. Her cheeks would redden with embarrassment every time her eyes met his dark brown ones. Evelina was still slightly ashamed from their last encounter at his house. Every time she would feel his gaze on her, she'd look away or try to look busy with something else.

"Hey, Ev." She felt the person next to her place their hand on her thigh, causing her to jump at the sudden contact.

"What?" She snapped, turning her head to look at her ex who was sat next to her at the large dining table. For the past half hour, she had also been trying to avoid Clark Campbell. Someone she had briefly dated almost a year ago, and the reason she no longer dated guys her own age.

"You know, you don't have to act like I'm invisible?" He smirked at her, causing her to roll her eyes. This was the exact reason why she hated guys her age, they were immature and arrogant. Especially the kind of young guys who she was around constantly, they were all wealthy like her and blinded by all the money they had. Evelina preferred more mature men.

"I can try," The teen bit back.

He laughed at her sassiness. To Clark Campbell, she was just teasing him. When in actuality, she wanted him to fuck off. He was just blinded by his cockiness to notice that.

She had really hated that her parents were close friends with his parents; it was the parents who set the two teens up in the first place. Big mistake.

"Anyways, there's this party next week and I was wondering if you'd want to go with me?" He offered. Evelina scoffed at his invitation.

She glared at him through her long lashes, "First off, get your nasty hand off my thigh." She roughly shoved his hand off of her leg. "Second, what makes you think I'd want to go with you?"

"Uh, obviously, it's with me." He laughed. This was exactly why she hated guys her own age.

"Fuck off, Clark." She bit out, looking away.

Evelina felt a smack on her side and looked over at her mother who was glaring at her, "Language." Her mother mouthed to her whilst glaring daggers.

The teen was done with the evening and no longer wanted to be there. She was sat between her arrogant ex and her strict mother.

Excusing herself from the table, much to her mother's objection, the adolescent quickly rushed to the bathroom down the long hall. She needed a mental break.

Evelina felt a headache coming on as she went into the large bathroom and sat on the sink countertop. She was only alone for about two minutes before she heard a knock on the bathroom door.

Probably someone telling me to go back to the table. She mentally groaned.

"What?" She harshly asked.

Without any warning, the door was roughly opened. Evelina jumped and let out a small squeal due to the sudden and blunt action.

Before she realized it, the bathroom door was closed again and a handsome Italian man stood in front of her where she sat on the counter.

Evelina's heart seemed to beat faster from both the scare and the intimidating man in front of her. It also might've been beating faster because she found him quite attractive and they were close in proximity.

"You should lock the door next time," Mr. Vitali said bluntly, voice deep and Italian accent peeking through.

"Maybe you shouldn't be barging in on people in the bathroom, I could've been on the toilet for all you know." She stated matter of factly, all while blushing but sort of baffled he had just walked in on her.

He shrugged, not seeming to care. "I needed to talk to you without anyone else around."

"So you barge in on me in the bathroom?" The teen cocked her head to the side with a small smile playing on her delicate lips.

"Yes, but that's not the point." He stepped closer to her. Evelina was beginning to feel... a little turned on?

"Then what is it?" She asked, very curious.

"We," He emphasized, "Need to start putting our deal into action." 

"How do you plan to do that?" Evelina said back, now sitting up straight on the counter and sounding more confident in herself. 

Roman stepped closer to her to the point where his breath was fanning her face, his mouth was hovering over her ear. "Meet me at my house tomorrow around one, no one will be there but us. Don't let anyone know." He pulled away from her and waited for a response. 

She looked up into his dark serious eyes as she ran a tongue across her plump bottom lip and bit it, "Of course not." Evelina smiled up at him and placed a reassuring hand on his arm. 

The adolescent was definitely turned on by this. 

After her reply, Roman took a step away from her and gave her a quick nod before swiftly slipping back out the door as quickly as he had come. 

Evelina was left alone with the inappropriate thoughts already running wild in her adolescent mind.