Chapter 14- what was the name again, jack or joplin?

"You're late," I hear Cayson say as I walk in the record label.

I look up from my phone which kept buzzing from the silly group texts Tyler and violet kept sending along with Kate's winky emoji.

I see Cayson sitting down on a chair with his guitar in his arms, playing a tune. I see couple of other people sitting around and some others sitting on the other side of the room.

"I'm sorry, I was in school," I reply and he walks towards me.

"After school hours?" He raises an eyebrow. "And that too for two hours?"

I nod in response without saying anything else. I couldn't tell him that I went home to figure out what's happening to me.

When I went home, I checked my temperature and it was high. I have no idea why this is happening.

I look away and put my bags on the side which is labeled Venus. This seems like a great record label, whoever's it is must have put a lot of time and money.

"Well, I want to introduce you to everyone here," Cayson says as everyone sit up, attentively.

"This is Caleb, the record producer and engineer who is also my older brother," he says pointing to a man standing next to him. He extends his arm and I shake it, firmly with a small smile on my face.

"This is Jeff, the A&R coordinator and administrator," he says pointing to a guy sitting on the other side of the room.

"This is max, our booking agent and tour manager, who is apparently very excited to start planning our first tour," he says pointing to a man sitting across us.

"This is Macy, our publicist," he says pointing to a girl who's sitting next to Max. She gives me a soft smile and I reply back with a smile.

"This is Jane, Our concert promoter," he says and points towards a girl on the other side of the room.

"This is Finn, our sound technician," he says pointing to a guy standing next to Caleb.

"This is Haley, our stage manager," he says pointing to a girl standing next to Finn.

"This is Alina, our DJ," he says pointing to a girl who shakes my hand.

"Then there is your manager, Jason," he says as Jason walks towards me and shakes my hand.

I smile at all of them and they all smile back warmly.

"Everyone this is Venus Stavish," he introduces me and everyone mutter a 'hey.'

Guess we have a lot of people working for us.

I suck at memorizing names but hopefully I remember at least my manager's name. What was it again? Jack? Jeremy? Jeremiah? Joplin?

"Jason will give you a contract so read it and then sign it," Cayson says and I nod.

I internally smack my head and sigh. Oh, it's Jason. I'll remember it, it's easy.

"Sure thing," I mutter and then everyone starts shuffling.

"Alright, I have a tune in mind for your mom's fashion show opening night but if you want, we can sing one of my songs that I have written," Cayson says, picking up his guitar and I make my way towards the keyboards.

"I don't mind, whichever one seems easier," I reply back and he looks at his brother.

"Guess we should write our own song as it's the first one, together," he says and looks at me before turning to his brother who just smiled and nods at Cayson.