Pillow Talk- Dean x reader

I rolled over in hopes that I could get some warmth from Dean since he was hogging the blankets. I snuggled into his warm back and wrapped my arms around his waist. I was beginning to doze off when he flipped over and made himself the big spoon. 

"Ugh," I sighed. "I guess I'll never sleep."

He grunted back in response. I shook him awake.

"What's wrong babe?" he asked sleepily.

"You're a blanket hog!" I whispered playfully. "And I just wanna talk. I know it's late. I'm sorry baby."

"We can talk," he smiled. "Okay, go. I'm all ears."

"You know, the other day, I was thinking about when we first met and I remembered you were wearing that sexy leather jacket. What happened to that?" I asked teasingly.

"Oh, you like that huh?" He smirked. "Maybe I'll wear it more often."

"You better," I smiled. " Dean... do you ever... think about us?"

"Isn't that what we're doing right now?"

"No, I mean us. As in long-term. As in what is going to happen in the future..."

"How could I not?" He asks. "I think about us all the time. I imagine when you're pregnant, and I come home from a hunt just to come talk to you and the baby. I imagine when where we're going to live as a family. I imagine what I'll be doing instead of hunting so I can keep my babies safe."

"Really?" I ask, his answers making my heart swell.

"Oh yeah," he smiles. "All the time."

And then I said something that changed our relationship forever.

"I love you, Dean."

He was quiet for a bit. I hoped maybe he hadn't heard me, despite our heart to heart a few moments prior. I looked over and he had a focused look in his eye. After a while, he spoke.

"Do you mean that?"

"Of course, baby."

"Do you really mean it? I need to know before I can do this. I don't just throw those words around."

"I mean it," I smiled, wrapping my arms around him tighter. "I really do."

"I love you, too," he smiled back, pressing my face into his chest. He placed a kiss on my forehead and held me close to him. He wrapped an arm around my waist and ran his other hand through my hair. "Now let's go to sleep. Okay?"

"Okay."

-----------------

Short but sweet.