2 Bad Boy Kisses

Enjoyy Loviesss<3

Chapter 2: 2 Bad Boy Kisses

                Lunch ended with no more problems thrown my way. Conner didn’t show up which made me a little worried, sending thoughts to run through my head. That maybe he was with some girl somewhere doing… things. Jared kept sending me looks but never talked to me again during the period. That didn’t mean his looks didn’t send chills down my body… and not good ones either.

                I opened my locker, switched books and closed it again letting out a screech when I saw a smirking Jared leaning against my neighboring locker. He rubbed his ear giving me a painful look. “I usually get a reaction from girls but nothing that crazy.”

                I clenched my books tighter to my chest and backed up. Being that close to Jared didn’t make me feel safe; he wasn’t safe. He noticed my uneasiness and smirked. Do I just attract problems? I feel like someone up there really is started to hate me. Could it be because I lied to my aunt when I told her that a dress she bought looked good on her when really she looked like a pumpkin?

                “Hi Jared.” I spoke with confidence. “What are you doing over here?” He took a step closer and I gripped my books tighter. I hated how he made me feel weak and being the only ones in the hallway didn’t help.

                He twisted his finger around some of my hair and used it to pull me closer. “What I can’t just walk around the school?” His smirk grew evil. “And talk to a pretty girl like you? You do know you are pretty right? I mean that’s what all the guys say in the school… even a couple of girls.”

                What was he trying to accomplish out of this? Make me feel weak and intimidated by him? Even though it was working, I wasn’t going to admit to it. I pulled his hand out of my hair and moved further away from him. “I know I am not ugly and I don’t tell those people to say it so it’s what they think, not me.” I said straitening my shoulders out.

                He went to move closer to me again—what were we doing? Playing a game?—when footsteps echoed down the hall making us snap our heads in the direction they were coming from. I couldn’t tell if my heart was beating faster from who I saw walking down the hallway or from the death stares the two boys were giving each other—it could end up in a fight.

                Conner stopped right next to us and threw his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him. The heat radiating off his body made me remember all the times he had held me.  “Hey babe.” Conner smiled down at me kissing the top of my head. I was too shocked to react. What was he doing?

                Jared looked in between us pointing a finger. “I thought she dumped your ass when she caught you sucking face with another girl?” He made it sound like a question but you could tell he was stating a fact trying to rile Conner up. My reaction; my jaw hit the floor. How could he be so blunt? Oh, right he was a bad-ass.

                 I felt Conner tense and then sent a smug smile at Jared. “It was a mistake and I was taken advantage of. So why don’t you take your little prissy ass and get away from my girl?” The threat was clear in Conner’s voice but did he not forget Jared always took action? Hence, why he was always getting in trouble for fights? My stomach went queasy.