Ch. 23: Whiney Jack

Jack woke up feeling someone clutching his hand. Jack turns his head, he could hear ringing and his head felt like a mess. But he felt stronger, but his stomach hurt, he coughed. He moved his hand out of the person's. He hear someone speak, Jack opens his eyes, his vision is blurry. Jack turns his head again, he looks down moving his shirt. He coughs and groans.

"Sean." He heard through the ringing. He felt something warm wrap around his arm and touch his cheek. His eyes meet with brown eyes. "Sean, calm down."

"S-Signe?" Jack stuttered. They nod, smiling. She sits on his bed, holding his hand in her lap.

"Yeah. It's me. How do you feel? Any better?" She asks. Jack moves his head in her hand, she smiles, her thumb caresses his cheek.

"Yeah, I'm...tired.." He said.

"That's okay.You've been asleep for five days now." Signe said. Jack looks at her, his hand with his IV in it pulls on her sleeve. "What? What is it?" Jack closes his eyes, pulling on her sleeve more. She leans down.

"C-Closer." Jack said.

"Sean, you're hurt. I can't get any closer, I don't want to hurt—" Jack whines at her.

"P-Please...it hurts...You make the h-hurt go away." Jack whined. Signe's cheeks redden slightly. 'I can tell the pain medication they have him on is working.' She thought. 

"Okay. Okay.  Just wait a second, hun. I'm gonna go get the doctor." She said. She was about to go get the doctor, but the doctor was already coming in. He does a checkup on Jack, a checkup that Jack seemed like he might pass out at any second as he went through it. When the doctor was done, he pulled Signe out into the hallway. "How is he?"

"He's fine, he's seems okay. But I do want to keep him here for another night, you said his stitches have come out before?" He asks. Signe nods.

"Yeah, about three times now...He won't sit still." She said. The doctor smiles a little and than loses it.

"He's gonna be feeling lousy the next few days and that's normal. It may not seem like it, but he lost a lot of blood when his stitches broke. I'm gonna give him something for his pain, but this will make him very sleepy, are you okay with that?" The doctor asks. Signe nods.

"Yes, yes I'm okay with that. Anything to make him sit still." She said.

"Alright, we'll have him released tomorrow and you two can go home." He said. She nods, she grabs his arm as he walks away.

"Wait." She said. He stops and looks at her. "Thank you so much for saving him. I know he may not seem like it right now, but he's a really nice and sweet guy. So thank you." The doctor gives her a small smile.

"Don't worry, a lot of patients act like he does on that mediation, very stubborn and mean. And when they are off it, they aren't that. And you're welcome, just try to keep him off his feet for a while?" The doctor asks. Signe nods.

"I'll tie him to the bed if I have to." She said. The doctor leaves and she goes back into Jack's room. He is passed out again, his head laying to one side, she smiles at him. She pulls out her phone, sitting in the chair beside his bed. She calls Felix. "Hey Felix, can you bring some of Sean's clothes from our place? Just a shirt and pants, his clothes are ruined and I know how much he hates hospital gowns." She smiled. "Thanks, yeah he is going to be okay, how's Mark?"

"Mark and Amy went home. Mark wasn't feeling well again." Felix said. Signe bites her bottom lip, she looks at the floor.

"His tumor wasn't cancerous--"

"But that can change at any moment, Signe. Mark wanted to stay for Jack, but Amy basically pushed him out the door. They left about an hour ago for the airport." Felix said.

"Can you let them know that Sean is gonna be okay? I think Sean is waking up." Signe asks noticing Jack starting to stir.

"Yeah." Felix said.

"Thanks." Signe said before she hung up. She stands up, Jack groaning. "Hey, sleepyhead." Jack's eyes open, he looks at Signe. He grabs her sleeve again whining.

"S-Signe.." He whined. She chuckles and nods.

"I know. I know. You're lucky you're adorable. Move over a little if you can." She said. Jack moves over, she climbs onto the bed beside him, he rests his head on her shoulder, the both of them holding hands. Signe smiled, she closes her eyes, resting her head back. She felt Jack relax, she kissed his head. She squeezed his head before she drifted off to sleep as well.