Chap. 15

"Get up!" Emmett called into my bedroom. "We've got to unload Parker's car before he leaves."

"Go away," I groaned, pulling a pillow over face.

"Move it," Emmett ordered, before heading down the hall.

I let out a long groan, pressing the pillow to my face before sliding out of bed.

I pulled a hoodie on over my tank top and went out into the kitchen.

The apartment door was open, and neither one of the boys were in.

"You look like you just climbed out of a meth lab," Parker commented, as he came inside with his arms full of stuff from the boat yesterday.

"You look like shit," I muttered.

"Good one."

"It's early okay? Shut up."

"Are you coming to help? Or are you going to stand here, alone, in the kitchen?"

I ignored him, heading outside with a yawn.

It should be illegal to be awake this early.

"Look who finally crawled out of bed," Emmett commented, as I joined him at Parker's Ford Edge.

"My foot is going to crawl up your ass if you don't shut up."

"There's that morning sunshine," Emmett said, with a laugh before heading back inside.

"So are we going to talk about yesterday?" Parker asked, once Emmett was gone.

"What about it?"

"The fact that you kissed me?"

"I kissed you to win the bet, to play my music." I raised my eyebrows at him. "It didn't mean anything."

"Okay, good," he agreed, with a sigh.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry Parker, I'm definitely not falling for you."

"Well you won't be able to resist these much longer," he said, flexing his muscles.

"Put that away before you hurt yourself."

I opened up the backseat door, letting out another yawn.

"Oh darn."

"What?" Parker asked.

"Lee didn't pick up his shoes yesterday."

Parker stared at me for a couple of moments like I was a full-fledged idiot.

"What?" I asked, self-consciously. "Did you want to keep them or something?"

"Why the hell would Lee have picked up his shoes yesterday?"

"Because we went out with the team."

"And?"

This time I stared at him. "And that would've been the perfect time for him to pick up his shoes. What's not clicking here?"

"Everything. I have no idea why you'd think that Lee would come out with the team."

"Because he's a part of the team!"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

I honestly felt like screaming because I was so fed up with this conversation.

"So in the time that I made a round-trip, you guys managed to stand here?" Emmett asked us.

"Your sister is driving me insane," Parker informed Emmett.