chapter.5

seth

"Did you get what I need?" He asked gruffly. They we're both hidden in a corridor with both Nate and Levi standing at the entrance. Seth knew from experience that they didn't need to fear getting caught doing the transaction because most, if not all, of the prison officers were aware of who he was and were too afraid to say anything to the Governor.

Toby took off his backpack and unzipped it, pulling out a few packets of cigarettes. "H-here." He said, reluctantly handing them over.

Seth glared at the short man as his jaw clenched with anger. "That's not all though is it, Toby?"

Now a little more nervous, the exact reaction Seth expected, the man pulled out a small puffy white pillow from his backpack. It was snatched from him while he stuttered, "T-this is the l-last t-time. If they find out, I could be in p-prison for another f-five years."

He grimaced at the stuttering. It reminded him of his tiny brown-haired angel, only he thought she was strangely adorable when she did it. It was just wrong to associate Toby with the innocent girl.

Toby was a prisoner and was charged with pedophilia, though he pleaded innocent, and he worked in the laundry part of the prison. The other prisoners hated people like him but only tolerated the man because he was one of the people that determined whether you had itchy clothes or not.

He was especially useful to Seth because he could get him the softer blankets and better washed clothes. Because many of the prison officers stayed in the residential area of the prison, the lazy ones would throw their washing in with the inmates'. This meant loose cigarette packets or drugs might be left in pockets and sometimes even chocolate bars.

People relied on these things and Seth was more than happy to threaten Toby for them if it meant he could take them to sell. He smiled at the man but not the friendly 'let's braid each others hair and get bobo tea together' type smile. It was more of a 'you're annoying me. I'm going to kill you' type smile.

Seth chuckled darkly and stepped closer. "You remember why you agreed to do me these favours don't you Toby?" From the corner of his eye, he saw Levi nudge Nate to get his attention.

He could hear the guy gulp loudly. "Y-you said you'd kill my f-family if I didn't."

"That's right. Well done." He mockingly praised like a teacher congratulating their student. "Do you not care about them anymore?"

"I-I-I- "

"Aren't they the ones you want to go home to when you leave this place? Your wife, Anne is it? And your two twins, right? Lisa and Toby Jr?" He said, smirking as Toby began to grow angry but was clearly too afraid to stand up against him.

"Y-y-ye- "

Seth interrupted him again but this time with a kick on his side, knocking him harshly on the concrete floor. "Do you want them to feel this pain? Is this why you're refusing? Huh?" He said, whilst kicking him a few more times.

He didn't want his hands red and bruised from the beating because for some reason, he didn't want Daisy to know. He didn't want her to see want everybody else did, a monster - the devil.

He waved his two right-hand men over and they immediately knew what to do. Both took over and beat the guy until he was curled into a ball and groaning in pain. "Ok that's enough." Seth ordered before they got carried away and killed him.

Crouching down, he said in a low voice, "I want pants small enough to fit a tiny woman." He didn't need to ask, he knew he'd get them.

"A tiny woman ay? Didn't know Nate needed knew pants." Levi joked, making them both roll their eyes.