14. The Spark of Hope

Both Harry's and Louis' sobs rang around the room. Louis waited on the ground hugging his legs as Harry broke down in the hallway hugging his mom. Anne kept rubbing Harry's back. She wanted to run back to Louis but he didn't want to leave Harry either. So, she spoke up when Harry's cries subsided a little.

"Let's go to yours and Louis' room, please?" Anne asked, almost pleaded. Harry nodded hesitantly. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to look at Louis after everything he has thought like 10 minutes ago but he didn't want Louis to cry anymore. In fact, he just wanted to hug the love of his life and say everything would be okay, even when he knew that everything is going down the hill with his foolish actions.

Anne led Harry to the room and Harry's heart stopped when he saw how miserable Louis looked. He let go of Anne and ran to Louis' side. His eyes started filling up again as he hugged Louis tight.

"Shhh... Lou, Hazzie is h-here. N-no need t-to cry. I'm- I'm sorry, Lou. I was- I was never s-strong enough. I'm s-sorry." Harry spoke through the sobs of his own. Louis just whimpered as he snuggled closer to Harry and tried to breath in as much as Harry's scent he can.

Anne wiped the tears of her own as she watched the scene unfold in front of her (salad) eyes. She listened Harry making promises to Louis for the hundredth time even though they all knew that he can't keep any promise he make with the condition he's in. That's when Anne decided that she's gonna get help for Harry, one way or another.

-

"Is he asleep?" Anne asked when Harry stepped into the living room after tucking Louis into their bed. Harry just nodded and sat down next to Anne. Anne hummed as she carefully studied Harry's facial expressions.

He held this depressed look in his face, like he has given up and want to leave everything behind but he has no choice other than staying. The feeling of guilt mixed with sadness was so obvious as he let out a long, deep sigh. Anne couldn't help but sigh too. Harry's eyes flicked up to look Anne in the eyes and that's when Anne saw how dull and lifeless his eyes look. Harry quickly looked down and stared at nothing as his face flicked all these expressions without even a hint of happiness.

Harry and Anne sat there in silence for few moments. Harry let out another sigh giving a break to the silence and laid his head on Anne's lap. Anne knew so well that Harry only lays his head on her lap when he is either sad or tired. Right now, it's both.

"Baby?" Anne said in a smooth voice as she ran her fingers through Harry's hair. That's when she heard Harry's choked sob that ran through the whole living room shaking both his own and Anne's body with the effort.

"It all will be fine, Haz. Shh..." Anne managed to keep her voice as soft and gentle as possible while her eyes threatened to spill a waterflow and his throat threatened to break her voice.

"N-no mom-" Another sob cut Harry off, but he continued anyway. "I-it will n-not. I-I'm a m-" Another sob but he didn't stop. "I-I'm a mess. I don't- I don't want Louis' life to go down than it already- already is." He continued through tears.

Anne wanted to scream to the top of her lungs as more guilt filled her heart. She felt guilty for not seeing how miserable Harry has been for at least 10 years now. She felt like she doesn't belong in the holy position of being a mother. She let the dam of her tears break as she listened to Harry mumbling how much his own life is messed up and how he's going to ruin Louis' too.

"N-no, Harry, no. You are none of that and you wouldn't do anything to ruin Louis' life. He's so happy now. Can't you see how happy he is? You make him happy, Harry." Anne steadied her voice just to say those lines when Harry kept telling how much of a coward he is and how much he has messed up everything.