Savior

The last couple of days were not what I was expecting what I usually get out of the Originals or especially Klaus. They usually ignored me when I lived at their house, which felt very lonely. But this time Klaus spent every waking moment with me, which made me feel an extensive happiness. 

I don't know how to feel about it.

But here I sat by the large Christmas tree Klaus ordered to have set up along with the very extravagant lights and garland that hung from every possible place. It was beautiful nonetheless, it felt like home.

So I sat in one of the red arm chairs, eyeing one of the "maids" as she bled inside a wine glass for me. I always questioned if it was moral or not. Did Klaus just compel them until they bled themselves dry? 

"Do we pay you?" I ask the woman.

She smiled before turning her attention to Klaus's footsteps entering the room. "Handsomely, and with a generous Christmas bonus. Isn't that right?" he asked her before grabbing the glass from her hands and she walked away. He sipped off of my glass before handing it to me. I chuckled at him and watched him sit down.

"I've always wondered about that," I hum.

"Well, yes. I'd assume so. You were always the curious type. You seem better," Klaus observed.

"I feel better. Thank you for letting me stay here for the last couple of days. And giving me some required space," I sigh, sipping on the sweet warm blood, "why didn't you leave with Elijah to go find Rebekah?" I ask him, "please tell me it wasn't to babysit me."

"It's not a good idea for he and I to spend hours together in confined spaces. Given that the prophecy foretells one family member felling another," Klaus told me.

"Klaus, we both know that you two would never hurt each other," I furrow my brows and lean forward.

"I don't know what to think," Klaus confessed, his stormy eyes staring into me, "the damn fortuneteller's predictions continue to unfold, despite all our efforts," Klaus angrily leans forward.

"You know, I've known your family for quite a while now. The doppelganger prophecy unfolded and Elijah wanted to kill you, but I knew he wouldn't-" I start.

"That's because I told him I would give him back our family!" Klaus hissed.

"No. The second him, Damon, Stefan, and I made that deal, I saw in his eyes that he was going to betray us. I hoped he wouldn't but he did. He hesitated long enough for you to give him a reason not to. He has every reason in the world to not kill you Klaus. He loves you," I give him a true smile, "and for the fortuneteller's prophecy, for the time I've known you, you've always been able to outsmart anyone who's come after you or live to tell the story."

"It doesn't mean it will happen this time," Klaus sighs.

"Please, don't say that. I need you to have hope. Especially for Eden," I grab his hands and give him a concerned look. Klaus look at me with his brows furrowed. Were both of us confused on why I grabbed his hands. 

I pulled away when my phone buzzed. It was a text from Vincent telling me that he thinks Camille is in trouble. He told me where she was. I looked at Klaus with a concerned look, "Cami is in trouble," I told him.

The two of us wasted no time and sped to where Cami was. She was at Detective Will Kinney's house, standing on his front door step when we arrived. "We thought you would call us first, Cami. Considering you were kidnapped just a few days ago," I got her attention. She spun around to see Klaus and I standing behind her.

"Are you seriously following me? I don't need bodyguards trying to protect me," she huffed.

"I'm here as your friend. I was worried about you. I'm here as his bodyguard," I smile, she smiled too and Klaus just rolled his eyes. Cami sighed and turned around to knock vigorously on the red door.