14

After I went up and talked to Jason, we went downstairs to eat. Jason and I sat on opposite ends of the table. Jason kept looking up at me which made me look down. Chris kept trying to make me laugh along with Madi. Every time Chris would succeed in making me laugh, Jason would glare at him.

After dinner, Jason and I went up to his room. I changed into a shirt I found and a pair of leggings. I walked out of the closet to see Jason sitting on the bed with his head in his hands. I cleared my throat and stood by the closet. He looked up at me, he gave me a once over before smiling slightly.

"What?" I asked.

He chuckled and stood up. "Nothing." he started walking towards me which made me step back. He sighed and walked past me to the top shelf of the closet, grabbing an extra pillow and blanket.

He walked up next to me. "I'll sleep on the couch tonight okay?"

I nodded. He brought his hand and I immediately moved my head. I heard him sigh again as he brought his hand gently to my face. He caressed my face slowly with the back of his hand. I had to catch myself from leaning into his hand. He then backed away and went over to the couch. I sighed and walked over to the bed. I got under the covers and laid my head down on the pillow.

I sniffled a bit and felt a tear running down my cheek. I wiped it away and closed my eyes. No matter how I'm feeling right now, I'm getting out of here, tonight.

***********************************************************************************************

I waited until I could hear the sounds of Jason's soft snores. I quietly got out of bed and grabbed my bag. I quietly walked to the window and opened it. I turned my head to look at a sleeping Jason.

Maybe in another life...

I grabbed the sheets that were stupidly still tied up to the bed and threw my legs out the windows. I rappelled down the side of the house before getting all the way down. I got down, checked my surroundings, then ran as fast as I could to the tree line and to freedom.

When I got to the street I breathed in a deep breath before continuing away from the house. I walked and I walked until I was in the city. I walked to a pay phone and plugged in a number.

(Connor talking Sydney talking)

Hello?

I started sniffling. Fratello?

Syd? Sydney is that you?

Yeah. yes, it's me.

Are you okay? Where are you?

I'm fine. Umm, I'm on east and Lakewood.

I'll be there in ten minutes. Don't move.

Okay, I'll see you soon. I hung up the phone, walked over to a bench and sat down. I put my head in my hands and waited for Connor to come get me.

***********************************************************************************************

"Sorella?" i heard someone yell. I lifted up my head and saw Connor running to me.

I stood up and ran into his arms. "Fratello," I said, my voice cracking and tears welled up in my eyes.

He put his forehead on mine. "Thank god you're alright." he let me go. "H-how'd you get away?"

"I-i just snuck out. We can talk later, but right now we need to get as far away as we can." he nodded his head and took my hand in his. We started walking back to the Fields house.

"What happened there? What did they do to you?" he asked after a few minutes of walking.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "Nothing, well nothing really. They wouldn't let me leave but they weren't horrible to me except for..."

"Except for what?" I didn't say anything. " Sorella what happened? Tell me." he said angrily.

I looked down. "Jason he-he hit me once."

Connor stopped us and yelled. "Che cosa? Ha fatto cosa?(What? He did what?)"

"Calm down Connor. It was quite strange though h- he apologized and I think he actually meant it,"I said to him.

Connor looked at me shocked. "You really think that? Sydney he's obviously lying. Do you remember what happened with--"

I threw him a glare, making him stop mid-sentence. " you don't need to tell me what happened, I lived through it. I very well remember what happened to me back then." I shouted at him.

He sighed. "mi dispiace, sorella (i am sorry, sister.) I was just worried about you. But I guess it doesn't matter now you are out and safe." I smiled slightly at him but the happiness I felt with my brother didn't last long...

***********************************************************************************************

Okay here we go. Hope you like this part and the story. If you do comment vote and share!