Chapter 41

Angel-

"What's going on?" Niall asks after I climb in his car.

"A better question would be what ISN'T going on." I sigh as I lean back against his seat, "Xander's been cheating on me this entire time. Harry knew but wanted to wait until he had proof, I'm just mad at everyone."

"Except me."

"For now," I mumble as I take my phone out. I expect to see a call or at least a text apologizing from Harry but all I see are texts and calls from Xander. I quickly block his number after deleting everything as Niall pulls up to a massive mansion, he quickly rounds the car and lets me out before leading me inside.

After giving me a quick tour he brings me into a beautiful guestroom, "You can stay here tonight." He says shyly as I shut the door.

"Thank you Niall," I whisper before wrapping my arms around his midsection. He places an arm around me and kisses my hair before I pull away to take off my heels. I stumble against Niall causing me to fall onto the bed with him leaning over me.

My heart was screaming at me while my brain was telling me that this was the best way to get over whatever I feel for Harry, before I know it I'm pulling Niall towards me and kissing him.

I felt nothing as his lips mold to mine, I felt like an empty shell going through the motions of what I should be doing. I should be out there fucking whoever I want, my ex-stepfather, his best friend... Who really fucking cares right?

"Angel no." Niall says as he pulls himself off of me, he paces the floor as he runs a hand through his hair. "We can't do this."

"It's not like we haven't done it before," I whisper as I stand up and walk towards him. I place my hand on his chest and look up at him as I bite my lip, a move that would normally get my way with men but Niall shakes his head.

"I'm not doing this to Harry." He snaps and I ball my fists before exploding in anger.

"Why is everything about him? About how he feels? Why did you even tell me I could come here if you didn't want to fuck me?" I scream, Niall's eyes go wide as he backs up.

"I am sick and fucking tired of my world revolving around him right now, I'm sick of not being able to get him out of my mind. I'm sick of feeling so much and being so confused. I just wanted to come here, possibly have some great meaningless sex and get my mind off of him but every other fucking word out of your mouth is Harry." I go on, tears of anger begin to fall as my breathing labors.

"I'm so tired of having no control over my life anymore and the one time I try to take control I'm told no because it will hurt Harry, well fuck Harry and fuck you." I snap before walking into the bathroom and slamming the door, I lean over the counter and look at myself in the mirror.

I'm such a fucking mess.

After a few minutes I wash my face and try to calm down, soon I see Niall open the door and look at me in the mirror with soft eyes. He thinks I'm a weak, pitifu, silly girl now.

"Angel-"

"When did this happen? When did I lose control of my life Niall? I've always been an in control person, I always think before I act and I haven't been able to do either of those things since I walked into Harry's house." I cry, sobs wrack my body and make me lean against the sink.

"How does someone I barely know have such an impact on me? He's nothing but my brother's father, why do I care?" I choke out.

"Because you care about him." Niall says softly.

"But why? Why do I care about him? Because he's the most gorgeous man I've ever seen? Because he's an amazing father? Because-"

"Because you love him?" Niall asks as he leans against the door jam, I turn towards him and release a heavy sigh. "I'm going to let you sit on that one for a bit hun." He says before striding out of the room and closing the door, I sigh and walk towards the bed but jump when I hear a throat clear behind me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"