Episode 4

Nick's in gym on Friday with the rest of the guys running laps when he catches a glimpse of Jake up ahead. He smirks over at Cody before picking up his pace to run beside Jake. "Hey."

Jake continues running and looks over at him with a simple nod. "Hey."

"So, uh, I just wanted to say welcome to the team. You're touchdown Wednesday was pretty sick."

"Thanks."

"Well, there's a party this weekend at Cody Martin's house. He throws one almost every week...his parents aren't really into the whole "be present" parenting thing. But anyways, you should come. Football players are VIP." He smirks.

"Uh, I don't know. Parties aren't really my thing."

Nick chuckles and pats him on the back. "Your funny dude. I'll text you the directions after school." He says before running off ahead of him and circling the team to show off.

~~~

Taylor's getting books out of her locker when Chelsea walks up to her with a big smile plastered across her perfectly tanned face. "Okay, so yesterday I went out and bought the most amazing black pumps to go with my mini-skirt for Cody's party. My outfit is totally gonna cause a hard on."

Taylor gives Chelsea a disgusted look and shakes her head. "Chels!"

"Oh, stop being such a prude." Chelsea rolls her eyes. "So, what are you wearing?"

She shuts her locker and turns to Chelsea. "I was actually thinking about skipping this one."

"What?!" Chelsea exclaims in shock. "Are you kidding? Why?!"

"We go to every party, Chels. I just need a break. Besides, I haven't spoken to Nick in two days." She leans her back against her locker with a frown. "I think he's mad at me."

Chelsea tries to hide the small smile forming at the corner of her lips. "Really?"

Taylor looks over at Chelsea with sadness, oblivious to the smirk or lack of concern.

"Oh, I'm sure it's nothing. But either way, it doesn't matter. You gotta go to this party looking hot and make him regret not speaking to you for a full two days...it's common sense."

Taylor sighs and frowns at Chelsea. "I really don't want to, Chels."

"Whatever, you are going to the part tonight and that's final!" She pulls Taylor down the hall with her as Taylor lets out a groan and lets herself get pulled down the hall and she couldn't but feel as if it was some ironic metaphor representing her entire life.

Joe frowns at the conversation he just heard between Chelsea and Taylor before closing his locker.  He jumps in fright when he realizes Dani had been standing there the whole time. "F-f-udge!" He rolls his eyes at her and begins walking down the hall. "You have got to stop doing that!"

Dani chuckles and walks down the hall beside him. "And you have got to stop drooling over Taylor. It's really disturbing."

"You were right."

She looks over at him in confusion.

"Taylor and Nick are having problems."

"Wow, I really predicted that right down to the day."

"I'm going to do it. I'm going to ask her out."

"You're kidding, right?" She questions in shock while trying to keep up with him despite the sudden weak feeling in her legs.

He shakes his head with a smile. "Nope, I'm going to do it tonight at Cody's party."

"What?!"