Chapter 3 | Day 3 - Hangout Offer

"So, what are your plans for today?" Aunt Ruby questioned.

We were sitting in the living room watching TV on her small, old fashion television. Well, she was watching TV, I was laying down on the couch texting my friends. Aunt Ruby gave me a couple hours a day to catch up on everything and stay in contact with them. Today they had planned to go to the mall. They were going to shop at every single store.

     Something that I had always wanted to do, and something I planned for us to do for winter break. But also, something I can't do because I am stuck here in Minnesota.

    "I don't know. Probably just going to stay inside and do nothing," I mumbled shrugging my shoulders.

"Nope, that is absolutely unacceptable," Aunt Ruby said before grabbing my phone out of my hands. "You need a break from your phone. You are getting really close to hitting your limit already. And it is only noon."

I opened my mouth to protest, but she raised her hand, stopping me from doing so.

"No, it's not going to happen, Kendall. I'm serious, I didn't ask for you come here so you can just sit inside and mess around on your phone. I want to spend time with you," she said sternly.

"Nobody asked you to invite me here," I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

I guess I wasn't as quiet as I hoped to be, according to her raised eyebrow. "Sorry," I apologize putting my hands out in front of me.

"Glad to hear that. Guess I shouldn't have thought about it a bit more." she nodded, "But remember what I told you about limiting your technology time. I'm serious about that. I know you didn't really want to come here, but it means a lot to me that you came. I just want you to say you enjoyed your time."

Hearing her say that, made me feel like total crap. I guess I have really let my feeling about this show, I hadn't intended on doing so. It just sorts of happened more and more as the days have gone by. Which, considering its only day three, that is bad.

"I'm really sorry, Aunt Ruby," I mumbled standing up to hug her, "I'll make it up to you. Promise."

"You don't have to do that. I just want you to realize how you are acting," she said returning my hug. "I just want you to have fun. I know I took a full winter break away from you. One that you had planned to do a lot during. I just hope you are able to have fun here."

"All right. I promise I will try my best," I said pulling back, smiling.

"So, you better think of something to do today." Aunt Ruby commanded sticking her finger out with a fake stern look on her face. It didn't last very long before her smile broke through. "Here," she said handing me back my phone. "I trust you to keep hold of it and not use it."

"Thank you, Aunt Ruby. I will think of something to do, I will," I laughed heading off to the kitchen.

An idea suddenly came to mind after talking to Aunt Ruby. It was something I wanted to do when she told me what she did to prepare for me coming.

I was going to make the gorgeous guy, Bennett, a dessert. Only this one will be way better than what Aunt Ruby gave him, guaranteed.

I planned to make him the one thing that I am able to make, and it always turns out amazing, no matter what. Double chocolate cupcakes, with chocolate frosting.

"Where are you running off so quickly? I thought we were having a moment!" Aunt Ruby shouted after me. I could hear laughter in her voice, I knew she wasn't as offended as she was pretending to be.

"Trust me, we were and I'm thankful for it. But I have an idea what to do today!" I shouted back grabbing the ingredients I need for baking.

"All right then," Aunt Ruby said walking into the kitchen, "so what's the plan? Baking?"