Chapter 15: Sh*t Ain't Sweet

"Every morning before you brush your teeth and grab the strap..." PKs ghetto ringtone awoke Zya. She instinctually picked it up to check the time. It was Damu. She tapped PK, trying to awaken him from his relaxing slumber.
"Its Mu... She said
As he took his call, Zya got up to shower and get dressed. As she powered up the shower, PK slid into the stall. It wasn't a romantic thing, he just enjoyed watching her innocence, cleansing herself with the lush lather of the body wash she'd brought from home. He washed her back and let her rinse, then they traded places. As he turned to face her, his back toward the warm water.
"The Cleveland trip gone have to wait. But I'm definitely wanting to go to Baltimore since we so close...I reeallyy need them keys and that bread Baltimore has to offer.." He stated directly, staring into her eyes.
"Well...the decision is yours Daddy... What you gone do?" She asked, gazing back.
"Imma take you out to dinner...show you around The Big Apple, bring you back here, eat that pretty pussy and hop on the Amtrak to make this move." He said. She loved that shit. She loved how he could take total command of her. He never had to ask twice. When he wanted to take her, she went, but she didn't push the issue when she didn't get invited. She could definitely deal with him taking a quick trip to Baltimore, and coming back before she woke up. He'd done it countless times.
"That's cool baby. I'm just happy I get MY time first." She said normally. He stepped out first, grabbing one of the fluffy hotel towels and wrapping it around his waist. He snatched the other one down and passed it it Zy. Her towel wrapped around her torso. PK spread their various luggage and dug right in. For dinner, he chose a pair of Rock Revival  shorts, black Nike's, a wife beater and 4 chains. He looked edible to her as she stared at him through the vanity's mirror. She was sweeping her hair into a ponytail. She chose a bright red skater skirt with a black and red accented corset, she finished her look with a pair of Gucci heels. Her signature Gucci crossbody sat on her hip as usual, this time in red. PK sat quietly in front of the TV watching Steph Curry defeat LeBron James. Zya locked in on her jewels and made her way towards the door.
"You look perfect...."

16 Minutes Later...
PK had reserved one of the best booths Juniors Restaurant and Bakery had to offer. He wined and dined her, feeding her forkfulls of creamy cheesecake. The way her mouth collected the cheesecake, it turned him on. He looked at her, sitting the shining and decided to probe further. He felt like he had already taken so many huge steps with her, but she was still so mysterious.
"So where yo parents at?" He asked inquisitively.
She sighed. She never really had to visit this part of her life. But if she wanted a life and future with Bryan..... Zyas brain kinda froze at that moment. Ania. She desperately wanted to know, if what the streets were saying is true. She wanted to know why Ania's body had never been found. So many questions that prevented her from wanting a future with him.
"My mother was on drugs. Had me. Gave me up. I was raised in the burbs with some holy white folks. I met Lex & Simone & that's how I met you." Zya said, delivering the quickest version possible. PK perked up. At this moment, he looked at Zya, he saw who he'd saw all along. Nia.
He leaned back in his chair to absorb the truth. The daughter, of one of his top money makers back in her day, was now his love. His Fiancé. He shook his head slightly, and cleared the corners of his eyes. Zya picked up on all of that. What was it. She had a strange feeling. He looked at her and licked his lips. Her doubt melted away. They chatted for a little longer, he paid their tab and they were off to view the city.
2 Hours & 2 long islands later
Zya was tired so she passed on the head. He was cool with that, told her he loved her and snuggled close until she drifted into sleep. By the time she woke up, she was alone. It was 6:20 in the morning. The quiet in the room scared her. It was weird. She snatched her phone from the nightstand. No calls. No texts. She decided to use her end. Voicemail. She called 36 more times before she gave up, tears in her eyes, completely disappointed.
"Where is he atttt?!" She cried. Instantly, she snapped back. Her phone would soon become her lifeline. She dialed Damu.
"What's up Queen?" He answered after the 3rd ring.
"Have you heard from PK?" she asked, shaken.
"Nahh. Not since earlier when y'all was at the airport... Everything good?" He asked sounding worried.
"NO!! He left me to go to Baltimore last night and he isn't back yet. I called him so many times and it keep going to voicemail!" She cried to him.
"FUCK!" Damu shouted into the phone.
"Sit tight Zy, I'm about to make some calls and see what's up" He said, hanging up.
Time seemed to drag. Every time her phone would chirp, her heart skipped only to be disappointed by a Facebook notification. Hours went by. She cried. She slept a little. Finally, her phone rang. Private number.
"Hello?" Zya asked carefully.
"Bitch did you think I was done after bleaching them rags PK bought you? I welcomed you into my home, you stole my home. Karmas a bitch. Remember that" The voice spat before the call ended. She called PK 4 more times. She was greeted with the standard voicemail greeting each time. She was still in New York, with 3 paid days left and no clue where PK was. She cuddled his shirt and cried. Her phone rang again. It was Damu. She sat up quick and answered his call.
"Zya!" He shouted into her ear.
"Yeah? What's up?" She said nervously. With that call from Angel, she was on the edge.
"Bryan locked up. They got him on his way back to you. So look, imma grab some cash, and I'll be on a flight tonight, we gotta get him outta there before Monday morning." Damu said. Zya just held the phone. She made some small talk with Damu before they disconnected. She cried. She laid there and cried. But then she started thinking. Crying is not going to solve anything. She wasn't worried about money, because according to the bank records she'd saw in the box in her closet inside of PKs first house, he was set. But she felt like it was time for her to hold things down. Damu was coming with money, cash he knew he'd get back, as soon as we return to Detroit. Zya stood at the bathroom mirror and straightened herself out. She used her phone to try and track him down. Eventually she located him at the county jail in Baltimore. She called, placed herself on his visitors list. She couldn't deal on her own. Zya opened the in room safe and retrieved a light stack of 100s. She dressed as modestly as possible, white jeans, one of PKs t-shirts and timberlands. Instead of stressing out, she decided it was time to be a boss. And a boss will do anything possible to make sure her king is safe. Zya exited the suite, entered the elevator and crossed the lobby. She stood at the Valet stand, waiting for the Benz. She wasn't aware of if PK had driven last night and was pleased when the sparkly luxury car came around the corner. She tipped valet, got in and started on the drive to Baltimore.