Domination

I am so excited to write chapter two!!! I hope you all enjoy as much as I will!!!

--------------------------------------------------------

Dominic POV

Today is the day. The day I've been waiting for my entire life. The reason I was created, the job I was born to do. My father is stepping down as leader of the Vincenzo family. After his long successful 35 year reign, he is finally ready to give up his seat to me; his eldest and only son.

I woke up before anyone else to prepare for my big day. I had my suit pressed and ironed, took a long shower and made sure my appearance was up to par as usual. I wanted to show not only my father but the men that served under my father's command that I will be bigger and better than him.

I will dominate.

The immediate family gathered in my father's office downstairs. His office is large enough to fit my grandparents and our closest business associates. I was the last to enter the office. My father sat in his large leather chair behind his desk, sipping on his bourbon while my mother stood strongly behind him, smiling at all the guests.

All eyes turned to me as I closed the two oak doors behind me.

"Son, you have finally graced us with your presence." My father seems to be in a happy mood. He is finally able to retire and spend time with my mother, something I know he wanted to do for a long time.

That was a concept I could never understand.

"Perfection takes time to achieve father, but I'm here now." A small wave of laughter coursed the room. No matter what situation I was in, I could always manipulate a room to my advantage.

"Are you ready for this son? You know once we start...there is no going back. You will be the leader of the Vincenzo clan until you have a son." My father warned me one final time. He knew that I didn't really have a choice in the matter but he still wanted me to know what I was signing my life away too.

This life isn't for anybody. This life is for the heartless and the cruel. There is no time for feelings or emotions other than arrogance and anger. There is no time for love or affection, just simple flings here and there. There is no time for friendships and relationships. Work, money, and power were the only things that matter. I had to learn the hard way. My father prepared me for this life for a long time. There was a time where I thought I could love and maybe be happy with someone away from this life. I learned the hard way that those dreams weren't meant for me.

Now, this cruel cut-throat business is all I know. The only thing I craved. I am more than ready to give up my life of playboy and childhood games. I am ready to show the world what type of man Dominic Vincenzo really was. 

"Father I accept and embrace the role as the new leader of the Vincenzo clan."

"Okay, let us begin."

The ceremony consists of many things. A long and tedious tradition before I can take my title as a leader. First I was blessed by our priest; Father Jonathan. He prayed for a long life of health, wealth and protection in my favor. After was the reciting of the old commandments of the mafia group. My ancestor created a commandment that each potential ruler must read and recite before taking the position. This swearing their loyalty to the Vincenzo family but to the people we serve.