Chapter 45

Angel-

"Still can't believe you bought the club."

"Eh, it was a smart move." He shrugs as he pulls out of the parking lot, I had gotten a few looks leaving with the new boss but whatever.

I'll just have him fire them.

"I needed to talk to you anyways, " He says chewing his lip nervously.

"I need to talk to you too actually." I say with a sigh and he looks at me questioningly, "Jerica found us a place. We get the key on Christmas," I blurt out. His face drops and he nods, "Come on you've got to be excited to get off that couch plus you'll still have Ari so it's not like we'll never see each other." I assure him.

"That's great Angel, I'm happy for you." He says with a tight lipped smile and I have a feeling he's the opposite of happy.

"What did you need to talk to me about?"

"My company is having a party next Saturday and I was hoping you'd go with me, it's a black tie affair." He says sheepishly.

"I'm sure I can get the day off but I have nothing suitable for black tie," I reply and he smiles.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it."

**

The following week flew by, Christmas eve is tomorrow and Harry's company party is tonight. I finally had all my shopping done and my things packed to move out after Ari opens his presents on Christmas, my father had called and co-signed for me to get a cute little SUV that was perfect for me.

I was finally regaining my independence, finally breaking away from Harry.

"Here's your dress, I hope you like it." Harry says sheepishly as he sets down a large gown bag onto his bad along with some black heels, I unzip the bag to see a beautiful sparkling dark plum gown. "I'll get ready in Ariel's room," He says before grabbing his tux bag and heading down the hall.

After shutting the door I take the dress out to examine it, it was simple but glamorous at the same time. I decided to straighten my hair and pin my bangs back before doing very sheer, minimal makeup. When I slip the gown on it's perfect, the top is fitted and the skirt flows out while the belt shows off my slim waist. The back is low so it shows off my toned arms, back and a decent amount of cleavage without being slutty.

A knock is heard as I put my shoes on, "Come in." I call out.

"Are you re- holy fuck." Harry interrupts himself with his eyes wide as he looks at me, he's wearing a very dark green velvet suit paired with a black shirt with the top three buttons undone. His short hair has grown out a bit allowing it to curl more, as much as I loved his long hair I must admit that I like the short hair much more. "You look beautiful," He says in awe as I stand up.

"You look good too Harry," I whisper as I look up into his beautiful green eyes. He smiles and blushes before clearing his throat.

"Where's your overnight bag?" He asks and I furrow my brows, "We're staying at the hotel tonight."

"I forgot, just give me a second." I say before gathering a change of clothes and shoving them into a large purse. "Ok I'm ready to go."

We kiss Ariel goodbye before he leaves with Gemma and we head to the limo, "Ladies first." Harry says chivalrously as he holds the door open while the driver sets my bag in the truck. Once inside Harry side glances me nervously.

"Are you alright?" I ask and he nods.

"I just haven't ever brought a date to a work thing before, usually go stag and bring home an intern." He confesses and I roll my eyes.

"I won't stop you from bringing an intern into your hotel room Harry." I tell him, he looks around and bites his lip.

"Our room," He says and I furrow my brows. "I only booked us one room."