Farkas x Reader - Being Scared

This was suggested by @SharkieTooth and I hope you like it!

Fan art: https://viaestelar.deviantart.com/art/Farkas-641580244

Painful memories

Look, it wasn't as if I was scared of him, more - I don't know, terrified.

He looked exactly like my ex. Well his build anyway, he was way more cute and rugged. But I feared him none the less.

When I first arrived I was so scared I hid from him. But now I was okay with looking at Farkas from a far. I talked about my ex with Kodlak and he agreed it was for the best that I warmed up to Farkas before I engaged in any training as it would bring back memories. Bad memories. But alas Vilkas insisted on me fighting him every week.

I had been avoiding fighting him since day one of joining the companions, but today Vilkas made sure I knew that I conceded because my heavy armour was weak and I needed to be taught how to level that skill. Damn his persuasion skills. So I sat outside on the benches waiting but I couldn't bring myself to go down and fight, so Vilkas was having one hell of a time getting me to do it.

"Never." I folded my arms and looked at the training grounds.

"This isn't an option." Vilkas pinched the bridge of his nose and scrunched up his face. He was getting nowwhere with me, I wasn't going to to pick a weapon and go down the the training area. "Now get up and fight."

"Make me old man." I bit into my sweet roll and carried on reading my book.

"Fine." I jumped out of my skin when Vilkas grabbed my arm, shoved an axe into my hands and took me to the edge of the training grounds.

I looked at the man before me; covered in armour, strong, muscular, tall and slightly handsome. There was no way I could fight him.

"Come on now whelp. What is it that you're so afraid of?" Vilkas demanded, pushing me into the training area. I froze at the sight of the man raising his weapon to fight me, I was as stiff as a plank of wood. "Do something!"

"[Y/N]?" Farkas cocked his head, a worried expression crossing his features as he moved towards me.

I couldn't function, his weapon still drawn gave me shivers and I began to shake violently. The pain, the pain from my ex came stream rolling to the front of my mind and I dropped to my knees.

"Brother, fetch some water and a blanket!" Farkas yelled, sheathing his weapon and wrapping his arms around my waist as my face displayed a disconnected and fearful look. I didn't notice he was holding me until he squeezed me slightly.

The connection to when my ex used to punch me and claw at my skin then press kisses to the blood came creeping up and I began to flail around in his arms.

"Let me go! Stop!" I yelled, punching his chest and crying.

"Never, you are in pain and I need to fix it."

Vilkas returned and covered me with the blanket, Farkas then picked me up and began taking me to the sleeping quarters.

"Make sure no one gets in my way and make sure to bring us some comforting food later on okay?" Farkas told his brother and he nodded in return, heading in front and clearing the way to Farkas's room.

The emotional pain was too much, he was doing all the things my ex would do to me, only without the physical pain of a beating.

I began to sob as he closed his bedroom door behind him. Was he going to rape me? Was he going to beat me? Kill me? I began to pry at his arms to let me go, but his grip was stronger than my ex.

"Please..." I whimpered as he placed me down on his bed. "Please don't hurt me..."

"I would never hurt you." He smiled, lifting my chin and wiping away a tear. "I know about your previous relationship and I understand why you are terrified. But I want you to know that I am here for you, and I would never do such things to such a beautiful creature."

I sniffed and Farkas lay me down and wrapped me in his arms, tears drying against his chest.

"It's okay, I'm here for you." He stroked my hair and I calmed down as I breathed in his scent. "And I always will be."