Chapter fourteen: Wedding preparations

Elizabeth's POV

My mom called us early this morning saying we have to be there at ten.

It's been a week since Michael came back. He got his own apartment and a new job. The atmosphere between Charles and Michael was not good at all. I think they have a grudge against each other. I'm surprised they haven't killed each other yet. I'm happy for Michael and that he is finally taking his life seriously.

I was busy getting ready when Charles walked in. Ever since, he hasn't said to me anything longer than a sentence. I don't know what's his problem. I didn't do anything wrong. If I could fix this, I would go back in time and change everything (maybe not).

"I will be waiting in the car." was all he said before walking out again. This has to stop.

I wore my black jeans, a white shirt and my sneakers incuse there was any walking that was going to be done.

After that, I went to the car before finally driving off.

"Hi sweetheart, today you two have a long day so I suggest we start going." My mom came hugging me.

Like a want a hug from her. I had to hug her back because I didn't want to seem rude.

"OK, so what's happing today?" I asked. It's not like they ever tell me anything they just do things without my permission.

"It's your wedding. You still haven't decided where you want your wedding."

"Why don't you choose since we don't have a say in 'our wedding'."

"Someday you will thank me for this."

"We better start moving, time is ahead of us." Mrs Greene said breaking the silence.

First, we made a start at a cake shop. It was not easy finding it because my mom wanted to make sure she found the perfect one. We were tasting the cakes and discussing on how the cake is going to look. After that, we went to my aunt. She is a florist. She promised to make my wedding flowers. She was still a bit shocked that I was getting married, I'm closer to her than my parents. After all the walking we decided to have

lunch. Mrs Greene and my mom left us at a small restaurant to have lunch. I'm starving and all the walking made it even worse.

Charles and I took our seats before taking our orders. The silence between us was killing me so I decided to speak up.

"Charles, I just want yo say I'm sorry for what I did. I didn't mean it and I can't stand the fact that you not talking to me much less even look at me. I hope you forgive me."

"It's OK. I'm sorry I was just being unreasonable."

"You know. if we are going to find a way out of this marriage we have to work together. The list we can be is friends "

"Friends."

"Friends."

"Anyways bye, I have to go dress shopping."

"Good luck."

I'm going to need it.

It was just a few blocks away from the store that my mom told me to meet then.

"I was beginning to think you were no longer coming. Time is not on our sight try those dress we picked for you."

After about two hours we were still in the shop.

"Not that one." My mom says again.

"I've been trying dresses on for more than two hours and you keep saying 'not that one'. I also get tired you know."

"I know that, but we have to make sure this wedding is perfect. "

"I'm really tired so I'll be heading home."

After a long exhausting day, I got into my pyjamas then into bed. I didn't even bother about eating.

I looked at the caller ID before answering the phone. It was Erik.