Chapter 37 Ghost's from the past

"Alex !"
"Coming !"

It's been 3 months since the twins were born and let me tell you it's been one heck of a rollercoaster ride.

The first week was the hardest. Getting up every hour to them crying, I lost so much sleep do to it. I even once thought to just drop them off at my moms just so I could get some rest. But , then again they were our resposibility and I soon learned to cope with it , with Alex's help of course.

The first week was hard on him too. He couldn't get as much sleep either - even though I was mostly the one getting up each time. - But as a month passed they didn't cry as much . We then both decided to take turns during the night , since he couldn't really help out that much during the day due to working. But , I don't mind it , if it wasn't for him I probably would've gone insane by now.

"Yeah ?"

"I need you to get more diapers please. I forgot to buy some yesterday ."

"Sure ... but will there be any place open at 21:30 ?"

"Um...yeah I think the supermarket down the road should be ."

"Ok" he gave me a kiss before doing the same with the twins.

(Alex's POV)

Ok , so she sent me to get diapers.

I've never been on a diaper run before ! Tiffany usually takes care of it.

I'm walking up and down the aisle's looking like a complete weirdo, trying to remember which diapers they use. There's so many different kinds and brands. Pull ups , cloth , All-in-One , fitted , Pocket ... none of them sounding right nor familiar. And if the type wasn't bad enough the sizes was even worse. They were all according to their weights. Like how am I supposed to know how much the weigh ? I'm not a doctor, and I can't even call Tiffany to find out because I left my phone at home.

So now I'm just standing here infront of the diaper section trying to figure out what to take.

"Need some help ?" A voice spoke from behind. I didn't bother to turn around cause I was too focused trying to figure this out .

"Yeah , I don't know which diapers to get. I can't remember which type my wife always buys."

"How old are they ?"

"Um,3 months..." I said still facing the section.

"Well , I would recommend these ."
As they stepped forward showing me which one's were the best I saw the last person I was expecting to see.

"Rachel ?" (picture above )

"Oh my gosh ! Alex ?! I didn't even recognise you."

"Yeah , I've changed a lot since you've last seen me ."

"So I can tell. So what your married now with a baby ?"

"Yeah , twins actually ."

"Wow , I never pictured you as a family man ."

"Yeah well , the right person can change you ..."

"Yeah ..." she trailed off .

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that ."

"No , your right we never were the perfect couple and I guess that's why it didn't work out ."

It got a little akward after that so I decided to break the extremely akward silience.

"So... how about you ? married ? Children ?"

"Um, yeah I'm married and I have a 2 year old son "

"That's good... so... I have to get going it was nice seeing you , and thanks for the help."

"Sure no problem . We should hang out some time and catch up "

"Um... sure yeah "

I  quickly payed and drove back home.

That was the most awkward thing I've yet to experience. I mean we were together for 3 years and at some point I thought I was going to marry her. But what did I know at 19 right ?

"Hey... here's the diapers"

"Thanks , I didn't think you'd know what to get but it seems you've done a pretty good job."

"Thanks..."

"Why did you take so long anyway ? Did you have trouble deciding what to take after all ?" She said with a grin

"Um...yeah...something like that ."

I didn't want to tell her about Rachel. I mean it was 5 years ago and it wasn't even a big deal. I've moved on and she's moved on . I didn't want to create tension between us again over a silly ex of mine. Besides she wouldn't understand anyway.

"Alex , are you okay ? You look so deep in thought ."

"Huh ? Oh , yeah I'm fine. Just ... got a lot on my mind with work and all."

"Oh okay ." She said turning back to the twins.

In a way it was the truth I did have a lot of work on my mind but , most of it was due to seeing Rachel again. It was like seeing a ghost from my past that I'd rather forget .

What do you guys think of Rachel ? Any thoughts on her ?
Comment and Vote ❤❤