lxviii.

Taehyung and Jungkook went tumbling in a ball of fists and yelling.

"Stop it!" Jimin yelled, trying to pull them apart, but Jin picked Jimin up and carried him to the side while Namjoon stepped in.

"Jiminie, what happened to your head?" Jin asked softly before looking up. "Yoongi, go grab the first aid kit. Hobi, get me a wet towel and use warm water, not cold, okay?"

The two other boys ran off to do their duties as Namjoon finally managed to separate Tae and Jungkook.

Tae was glaring at Jungkook, who was staring first down at the carpet before looking over at Jimin, his eyes still puffy.

"What's going on here?" Namjoon asked, trying to control his voice. He'd never seen Tae and Jungkook truly try to hurt each other, just like he'd never seen the terrifying look in Tae's eyes.

"He hurt Jimin!" Tae yelled, trying to claw his way back to Jungkook, but Namjoon held him back.

"Jungkook?" Namjoon asked, still too shocked to process what was happening.

Jungkook  looked down, biting his lip, and nodded, but Jimin shook his head.

"Nuh uh! I tripped and hit the table! Kookie didn't do anything!" Jimin defended, trying to push Jin away, but Jin kept Jimin seated. "It was my fault!" Jimin insisted. "It was an accident!"

Tae turned to glare at Jimin, forgetting that he was still glaring angrily, and Jimin paled at the hatred in Tae's eyes. Tae softened his gaze but shook his head, still furious. "Why are you defending him, Jimin?! He hates you!"

"I know," Jimin mumbled, looking down, but Tae wasn't finished.

"He abandoned you, Jimin! He cares more about himself than he'll ever care about you! The only useful thing he told the cops was just a piece of gossip that he forgot about for 5 years, Jimin! You could have been home within a day, but because of Jungkook, you were stuck there for 5 years! 5 years, Jimin! How many days did you wake up, believing that Jungkook was going to save you, that he knew something that could bring you home? How many days was it until you gave up on him?"

Jimin was silent.

"Then why are you defending him right now?!" Tae yelled, and Namjoon just stared.

Where is all of this coming from?

Has it been here all this time?

Did I just not notice?

What kind of father am I?

"Because nobody else is!" Jimin finally answered just as Yoongi and Hobi got back with the medical supplies.

Everybody froze to hear what Jimin had to say.

"Nobody thought to see if Kookie was hurt. Nobody asked Kookie what happened at first. Tae, you tried to hurt him. Everybody else was just worried about me. How is that fair?" Jimin asked, his eyes watering. "You all make it worse when you pick sides! Why can't you see that?" Jimin looked down. "But I guess I didn't notice it before either." He looked up. "But Kookie is just a kid too! And it hurts him when you all neglect him!" Jimin paused, breathing hard before looking at Kookie. "Is it true, Kookie? What Tae said?"

Jungkook opened his mouth but looked down. Then he looked up suddenly, looking determined. "Yeah, it's my fault that we couldn't find you for so long! But I'm sorry that I couldn't remember sooner! And I don't hate you! Not...not anymore," he mumbled.

"It's okay," Jimin said, smiling painfully at Kookie. "Even if you hate me, I love you, okay? And you can't change that even if you tried."

Kookie blinked, feeling his tears come back, but he didn't wipe them away this time. All of his hyungs, even Taehyung, stared because they hadn't seen Jungkook cry for a long time. He looked over at Namjoon, who had just been sitting there with a pained look on his face. "Dad, I'm sorry. I pushed Jimin off the couch and he fell off and he hit his head on the table. It's my fault," he confessed, and Namjoon was silent, putting a hand over his mouth and massaging his facial muscles.