32 | single

THE first reaction Jimin had when Taehyung came barreling into the dorm was anything but surprise. It had gotten to the point where he didn't even get the slightest bit surprised when the younger somehow managed to enter the room— even if he did lock the door.

"Jimin!" Taehyung all but shouted, flailing his arms violently.

Jimin blinked, placing a pencil on his textbook and slowly closed it in order to save his spot. He gave his friend a small smile of amusement, "Hey."

Taehyung came to a skidding stop, flopping onto Jungkook's bed. He took in several deep breaths before finally spitting out what he had to say, "He actually did it!"

"What?"

"Jungkook actually broke up with Hani!" Taehyung's smile looked like it was going to split his face in half.

Jimin felt like smiling. He did his best to push down the urge, "W-Well good for h-him."

"You should've been there!" Taehyung went on, reaching for one of Jungkook's pillows. He threw it under his head and looked back at Jimin, "It was kind of messy."

"M-Messy?"

"Yeah," Taehyung hummed, "I think she wanted to slap him. I kind of wish she did, it would've made everything more dramatic."

"D-Did you have p-popcorn too?" Jimin asked sarcastically, raising an eyebrow at Taehyung. He got a boyish smile back.

"Jungkook's on his way back, I saw him in the common room."

"He didnt s-see you?"

"No, I dived behind the arm chair before he could." Taehyung grinned. Jimin just shook his head, turning back to open his textbook.

It wasn't long before Jungkook came into the room, having taken a while because of the four flights of stairs the younger had to walk up. Jimin greeted him with a smile and he could see Taehyung's lips curl up into a smirk.

"How'd it go?" Taehyung asked. He hadn't bothered to move from Jungkook's bed, only rolling over on his stomach to be against the wall. It gave Jungkook room to sit down, which he did with a sigh.

"It went...good." Jungkook nodded, offering a small smile.

"S-She didn't take i-it too h-hard?" Jimin asked, giving up on studying. He closed the textbook completely.

Jungkook shrugged, "She took is okay, I guess."

Taehyung raised his arm and patted Jungkook on the back, "Congratulations, man. You're single."

"Yeah." Jungkook responded.

It went quiet for a while. Jungkook began to play with the hem of his shirt while Taehyung sent him half concerned, half amused looks. Jimin tried to not think about how awkward Jungkook looked around them.

"I think I'm gonna go take a shower." Jungkook said after a while.

Taehyung nodded, paying more attention to Jimin now, who was giving Jungkook a small smile. He waited until the bathroom door closed and the water started running before talking.

"Now is your chance!"

Jimin jumped, "Wh-What?"

"He's single now! This means you can finally have your shot."

"Wh-Who's to s-say he's even g-gay?"

Taehyung stared at Jimin. He raised an eyebrow, lips curling into a smirk, "Who's to say he's not?"

Jimin threw a pencil at him. Taehyung grinned as it hit the wall above his head. He gave Jimin the middle finger, "Operation: Get Jungkook to Date Jimin is a go."

"O-Oh my god."