Bran Stark X Iron Islander!Reader - Snowfall (Part 2)

(A/N)- There are a few scenes of heavy violence and abuse in this story. If this is likely to have a negative effect on you please do not read this story. Also, Bran doesn't actually feature very heavily in this story.

"I've yielded Winterfell to Prince Theon." Bran's words broke your heart, ripping it from your chest as you stared on in disbelief. He looked terrified, sitting up there in front of all of these people.

"You all know me," Theon began before he was interrupted by one of the men in the crowd.

"Aye, we all know you for a steaming sack of shit," the man grumbled. You watched Theon's jaw tighten as he glared at the man.

"Hold your tongue," Bran spoke softly causing Theon to scoff slightly.

"Listen to your little Lord, he has more sense than you do," Theon growled at the man, taking a few steps in his direction. "My Father has donned the ancient crown of salt and rock. He has declared himself King of the IronIslands. He claims the North as well, by right of conquest." He paused in his speech, watching the crowd before turning to where you stood. "Maester Luwin, send a raven to Pyke informing my father of my victory here. And another to Deepwood Motte for my sister, inform her that she is to bring 500 men to Winterfell."

"You don't need to do this, Theon," you muttered, taking a few steps in his direction and gripping his hand tightly, drawing his eyes down to yours. "Please think about what you are doing; Lord Stark was good to you, good to both of us," you added. You knew that Bran was behind you, his eyes trained on you. Every single person in the courtyard thought you would turn against them, that you would follow the Iron Islanders rather than stand with the Starks. It was a safer option.

"It would be wise for you to go home Y/N. The Iron Islands will always accept you; you are a prisoner here, you always have been," he growled at you, his face closer to yours than you ever would have been comfortable with.

"You're a liar," you hissed back through your gritted teeth. "A liar and a traitor." You hardly noticed his movement but you felt it sure enough. You barely recognised how you came to end up on the floor, your eye aching and your head spinning. There was a moment of silence as you stared up at him, refusing to touch the tender spot where he had hit you. Instead, you pressed your hands into the mud, lifting yourself back to your feet before spitting in his direction. "You disgust me." You took a few steps backward before spinning on your heel and storming over to where your betrothed sat. It felt as though your eye socket was pulsating and you were sure there would be a dirty blue bruise there by the end of the day. But still, you kept your head high, glaring towards the man you had once considered family.

Theon didn't look angry anymore, more saddened, maybe even hurt by your actions. When you were children you had adored him, he was the only person in Winterfell who was like you. But you had both changed, though you doubted it was for the better. "You can't turn your back on the Iron Islands," he yelled in your direction. You felt Bran's hand come to grip your's, giving it a small squeeze but neither of you looked away from the man in front of you.

"I didn't," you hummed lightly, locking your eyes onto Theon's before continuing. "The Iron Island's turned their backs on me the moment they allowed me to be stolen from my crib without putting up a fight. The Stark's protected me, without them I would be dead." You paused as everyone fell silent. Theon's face looked pale and tired but you could tell he didn't want to lose this argument. "Theon, we aren't children anymore; you don't have to keep fighting to prove yourself to your father," you told him.

Theon turned to the man beside him with a nod. "Take her to her chambers. Do whatever you have to to shut her up," he grumbled before turning away.