━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗶𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter three: first impressions█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter three: first impressions
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter three: first impressions█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     D'QAR IS STUNNING. Indira feels her breath catch the moment that the ship first exits lightspeed and enters the planet's atmosphere. The base planet is all green; lush wildlife decorates the landscape, painting the surface a hundred different shades of emerald for miles and miles on end, interrupted only by calm cobalt bodies of water. After spending her entire life on Hosnian Prime, surrounded by towering structures and urban architecture, Indira knows she has never seen anything like this.

      She presses her face up against the glass of the nearby window, standing so close that her breath fogs the glass. "It's beautiful," Indira breathes, awed by the world outside.

    "We certainly think so," a female voice says in agreement, startling her. She hadn't thought anyone was near enough to hear her. General Organa stands a mere few feet away from Indira's spot at the window and shoots her a faint smile. "D'Qar is a wondrous planet for many reasons. Her beautiful terrain is one of them, yes, but the cover she provides is another. Here, we're far away from the eyes of the First Order."

     The First Order. The name sends a jolt of anger through her, reminding Indira of why she's here. The reality of what she's signed up for washes over her like a bucket of freezing water being tipped over her head. This is war and she's now earned herself a seat on the frontlines.

      "I... see," she replies haltingly, staring more intently out the window as the ship approaches a sector of land that is set apart from the rest of the jungle planet, where small grey fortresses are camouflaged within the greenery.

     "Different from what you expected?" The general asks.

      Indira shoots her a glance before nodding grudgingly. "Very."

     "Good," the older woman replies, eyes crinkling with the hint of a smile.

      She steps away from Indira then, striding towards a Mon Calamari male that Indira easily identifies from her history lessons — Grand Admiral Gial Ackbar, who'd also been a hero of the war against the Galactic Empire. The two veterans begin conversing in hushed tones, far out of reach from Indira's prying ears.