Epilogue: Making Dreams Come True

Four years later

"I love you, sweetheart"

The feather touch of soft lips lingered on her cheeks as a hand gently stroked Serena's hair.

A smile began to form as her sleep started to become undone. Another graze of lips, this time on hers, before Serena can make do the sounds of shuffling while River was getting dressed.

With a yawn and a stretch, Serena opened her eyes to her fully dressed boyfriend looking sleek and sexy in his three-piece grey suit. She ogled him as though seeing him for the first time, her eyes travelling down the length on his body as River fixed up his tie.

A happy sigh heaved off her chest just as River met her gaze in the mirror. The smile that appeared on his face was one that she was well acquainted with- tender yet fierce, and filled with love.

It was that very smile that she saw first thing the moment she woke up every morning and one which had always started her day right for the last four years. Altogether, it was officially five years since she met River and throughout this whole time, they've been going strong. Sure they had their fights here and there but even in those moments, she loved him just as much.

Lots of things have changed and Serena enjoyed every second of it. Having graduated and landing a job at Landon Kilt Publishing House was another dream come true. She started off small but had been working her way up the ladder to now being one of the editors of New York Times best selling authors.

And she loved her job. Just as River who was now the face of their company as his dad had stepped down as CEO. Although it was not official yet, River had been acting as the CEO for months now. George believed that it was finally time to give the much-deserved reign to River who had proven to be more than capable.

Sure lately River had been more hard-pressed for time, putting in more hours at work but that never stopped him from reminding her of his love every chance he got. He showered her with little gestures like breakfasts in bed, receiving small bouquet of flowers with a hand written note from time to time, date nights every Friday and throwing in some oil massages- which somehow always turned into adult playtime because let's face it, having River's hands on her naked body always made her greedy for more.

The buzz of a phone broke through her ogling and she watched as River answered the call. With a quick "I'll be there soon", River cut the call and paced towards Serena.

"You had a good sleep, baby?" River sat on the edge of the bed and grazed her cheeks with his fingers.

"Hmmm," Serena all but purred, loving the gentleness after a night of wildness. Her body hummed with the good kind of soreness that reminded her of all the ways River took her last night.

"Do you really have to go to work today?" Serena asked, stretching her arms above her head and watched as River's eyes dropped to her naked tits when the blanket shifted down.

"I'll only be gone for a couple of hours, promise. There's no way we're missing our flight," River leaned down to her chest and kissed her twin buds, making Serena gasp.

As excited as she was for their trip, all she wanted to do right at this moment was to pull River on top of her and have her wicked way with him.

Grabbing a hold of his gorgeous face, Serena pulled him from laving at her breasts to her face. "Then you better be on your way, my dear. The sooner you leave, you sooner you can come back and help me with the heavy lifting."

"Deal," River smirked and placed a kiss on her forehead before heading out.

***

Her morning flew by with Mackenzie and Justine who had shown up at her doorstep an hour after River left.