Chapter 8

"Taking it slow, but it's not typicalHe already knows that my love is fireHis heart was a stone, but then his hands roamI turned him to gold and it took him higher"

He already knows that my love is fire
His heart was a stone, but then his hands roam
I turned him to gold and it took him higher"

"Taking it slow, but it's not typicalHe already knows that my love is fireHis heart was a stone, but then his hands roamI turned him to gold and it took him higher"

Ingrid's POV

Walking down the sidewalk of the street, I listened to my father speaking into my phone 

" You need to be back by three do you understand me? " He asked furiously as he didn't want me to leave the house at all today but my Abuela came in with... la chancla. Once he saw the slipper in her hand he reluctantly let me go but the look on his face let me know that this wasn't over.

" Y-yes papa.. " I whispered and I could feel him rolling his eyes at me.

" If I hear that you've been anywhere making a mockery of my name... There WILL be hell to pay. I don't need another one of my daughters slutting around these streets. You may not know it yet but I am working my way up in this damn city and I don't need anyone damaging my reputation. " He spoke degrading both me and my sister in a sense and I winced slightly at his tone.

" Ok papa.. " He was about to say something when I heard my grandmother yell.

" Déjame oírte decirle a mi nieta una maldita vez más de lo que ella no puede permanecer afuera por cuánto tiempo quiere hacerlo. Te desafío a que lo hagas. " Let me hear you tell my granddaughter one more damn time that she can not stay out for how long she wants to do it. I fucking dare you.

My father cursed under his breath and I listened as the sound of his office door slamming open blasted through the phone. I smiled internally as I could always count on my Abuela.

" You have until five o'clock. " He spoke and I heard the ground stomp in the background. " ¿Que acabo de decir? ¿Qué demonios acabo de decir?- " What did I just say? What the fuck did I just say!!-

Before I was able to hear the rest, he hung up. I placed my phone back in my pocket and continued my stroll. I'd taken the bus to the specific stop down the street and I continued the rest of my walk as my heart race with anticipation. If my father knew where I was going he wouldn't let me leave the house ever again. My heartbeat rang louder in my ears and I stopped when I reached my destination and looked up at the building. Tristian's apartment.