FORTY-SEVEN: PUNISHMENT

Media: What Goes Around... Comes Around - Justin Timberlake

Author's Note:

This chapter contains violent and graphic descriptions. Please skip the chapter if you are uncomfortable with it. 

Also, I know that everyone has been waiting for an update. This chapter will probably not be satisfying. But, bear with me! More to come! 

Jared's POV

The room was brightly lit, sparse in the center of the room, but every corner of the four walls displayed blades and weapons of all choices, designed with the promise of pain, blood, tears and some even death. A lone bench sat at the center, under a hanging light, the stainless steel material it was made of ensured that it was easy to clean of traces of blood, or any other bodily fluids that it was used to be stained with. Practical and functional. I may not enjoy the activities carried out in here on most days, but I can still appreciate the design of it.

Even through the observatory room, I could tell that the air on the other side of the glass would be dry, scented with the smell of human odour - the scent of sweat left to dry without a chance for a change of clothes or a bath. A frail and pale body sat in the middle of the bench, strapped down with leather binds, with no possible escape. Hands were bounded in carbon steel cuffs, dug deep enough to make an impression, and perhaps cut flesh if one were to move about abruptly. There were already signs of bleeding from the chaffing of the cuffs. Good.

I've never wanted to hurt someone so badly.

Coe would disapprove, I'm sure. But I am way past getting his approval for this matter. Besides, if he had so much as a thought on this, I'd love if he could tell me about it. But the will of whatever God exist has him still fucking stuck to that hospital bed, unresponsive. I will have to do things my way now.

I glanced to my right. Correct that, our way. Things will have to be done our way now.

Heath nodded at me with a grim look on his face, before he gestured for Matthew, Lewis' right hand, to open the doors. The door swung open with a slow hum of the oiled heavy metal doors; doors designed to keep sound both in and out. Once the doors are properly shut, sounds made within the room can only bounce off the walls of this sealed room, facilitating a favourable location to make sure that you are not disturbed, nor would you disturb others.

Our footsteps ground against the tear-resistant tarp covered floor, the rustling of the material waking the sleeping woman on the bench.

"Please. L-Let me talk to Jared." She managed, her head barely lifting off the bench to take a proper look.

Her weak pleading ignored, I watched as Matthew scanned the area surrounding the bench, making sure that not an inch of the cement floor was left unprotected by the heavy duty protective material. It would help the process of clean up drastically when we were done here. After all there was quite a bit of activity planned, if things don't go according to plan. Things rarely go according to plan.

"Please!" Fion rasped, chains clanged against the steel bench as she tried to push herself to sit up straighter to get Matthew's attention again.

"Settle down. Save your breath, you'll need it." He thundered, eyes glaring at her until she lowered her gaze and quietened down, still not noticing Heath nor my presence in the room.

Several more footsteps sounded from outside the room and through the doors walked a bunch of rough looking men with sneers on their faces and scowls in their eyes. I shook my head, letting out a breath. I told them they need not be in here for this. But from the looks of it, my suggestion will be ignored. The body language in those men tells me they were out for blood, one particular woman's blood. I shifted my weight slightly, acknowledging them with a frown. As much as I didn't like that they thought that my suggestion could be ignored so simply, I was more than pleased with their loyalty to Coe. When the rustling of movements finally stopped, the door was slowly pushed closed and sealed shut.