Chapter Forty Nine (Part Two)

Authors note: SORRY FOR THE DELAY! Enjoy! Vote, comment and also direct message if you have any questions or thoughts. Would love to know what you are all thinking after reading this! Xo

BRACE YOURSELVES ☺️

~The worst kind of ghosts are the ghosts of our loved ones~

"Wh-what are you doing here?" He stutters. "We needed to see you." Another voice says. I hear Alec take a deep breath. "Alec who is it?" I ask getting closer until I was behind him. He jumps and spins on his heels, he then looks over his shoulder back at the door. He then steps aside. His face was panicked and flustered.

An elderly couple, probably mid 50s stood at the door. "Hi." I say shyly, the woman gives me a quick scan and then she smiles. "Hello." She says. "Hello." The man, I assumed he was her husband, says. Alec gulps. "Olivia, meet Jenny and Luke. Brooks' parents." Alec says still stunned. I was just as stunned as he was. Brook, Alec's dead mate Brook. What were they doing here? Why were they even here? I shake the thought out of my head and I give them a smile. "Nice to meet you both." I say. "You too." Jenny says. "It's late. Come in." I say elbowing Alec so he steps aside. They come in closing the door behind them. Alec was still silent. The house was silent. "Would you like a tea?" I ask. "Thank you." Jenny says. We all walk in to the kitchen, I switch the kettle on. Alec, Jenny and Luke all sit around the table. I walk over to the cupboard and I get four mugs. "So how've you been?" Jenny asks Alec. "Okay." Alec says. "It's been a while." Luke says. "I know." Alec says. "You look really well." Jenny smiles. "Thank you." Alec says. It was obvious he was still in complete shock. "Do you both take sugar and milk?" I ask. "Two and a little bit of milk for us." Luke says. "Okay." I smile.

I place the tea's on the coffee table and I sit beside Alec. "Alec, we're sorry." Luke says. "You were hurting as well. And we should of been there for you." Jenny says. Alec was silent, he then nods his head. "I've got a question for you both." Alec says. "Anything." Jenny says. Alec takes a deep breath. I squeeze his hand reassuringly. "Why wasn't I allowed to go?" He says. "It was a difficult time for us. We were mad an-" Jenny begins to say before being cut off by Luke. "Goodness Jenny. We've come all the way here for a reason, how long do we have to keep up this charade!?" He exclaims. "What do you mean? What charade?" Alec asks confused. Jenny looks at Luke, her face filled with panic. "Brook and the children did not die in the crash like you thought they did. In fact they didn't die at all." Luke says looking at Alec. I feel Alec stiffen, his entire body went cold. "The car did crash but it was a miracle they all survived. You and Brook were in a bad place and she needed a way ou-" Jenny says before being cut off by Alec. "Please, stop talking." He says in a tone I've never heard before. He sounded as if he was threatening and warning them to disappear before he explodes. "Leave." Alec says. "But Alec. Let me explain." Jenny says. "Leave now!" He roars, his voice echoes through the house, he slams his fist on to the coffee table and it breaks, the glass that was on the table shattered against the floor causing me to flinch, the mugs were smashed and there was tea all over the floor. Jenny and Luke quickly leave before Alec done something much worse. I hear the door slam, I thought I had moved out of the seat but my body was still in the chair. "Alec." I say hesitantly. He looks up at me, his eyes dark. "Olivia. I'm sorry." Alec says sincerely. "Daddy?" Eli says standing at the door rubbing his eyes yawning. Alec quickly spins around. "Are you okay daddy?" Eli asks. "Sure bud, I'm sorry for all the noise son." Alec says walking over to him. "Its okay." Eli yawns. Alec lifts him up. "Daddy you're bleeding." Eli says taking his hand. "I'll be okay." He smiles. The door knocks again. Alec freezes. He puts Eli down. "Eli go to mommy okay." He says. "Okay." Eli says running over to me. I take him and hold him tight. I cover his ears. Alec storms over to the door. "I thought I told you to le-." He says opening the door, he stops mid-sentence. "Hi Alec." A different voice says. "What the fuck!" He shouts. "Please don't cause a scene Alec. They can see you." The woman's voice says. "Mommy is daddy okay?" Eli asks me. I look over at the door. Alec was completely still. His mouth was open wide, as if.. He had seen a ghost. I have a feeling I know who it is, actually I knew. I could see it in Alec's face. I had no business going over to them though. Did I? "Dad?" Jett says, it sounded as if he was on the stairs. "Uncle Alec?" River says. Alec looks over his shoulder. "Sorry about the noise kids." He smiles. "Are you okay?" Jade asks, her voice was shaky. "Yeah I'm fine. Sorry guys, Jett take them in to the living room and go check on your mom and brother they're in there already." Alec says. "Okay dad." Jett says. He comes in to the living room with River and Jade. "Jett who is it?" Eli says. "I don't know. Some lady." Jett says shrugging as they all sit on the sofa. He grabs the remote and switches on the tv. "Are you okay Jade?" I ask. She nods. "He sounded scary." Jade says. "My daddy isn't scary, he was just really mad." Eli says. "He's okay Eli." I smile. "Is he?" Jett asks unconvinced. "Is he what?" Alec says causing us all to jump. "Are you okay daddy?" Eli asks. Alec smiles. "I will be bud, I'm gonna need you boys help though." Alec says. "Of course." They say smiling. "Babe can we talk?" Alec says. I know what he's going to say before he has even said it. I put Eli beside Jett and we walk out to the landing. "It's her right?" I ask him. "Right." He sighs. "But why?" I ask. Alec shrugs. "I can't face her alone, please. Come in there with me Olivia." Alec looks at me, his eyes filled confusion, hurt and most importantly anger. "Are you sure?" I ask. He nods. We walk in to his office, she was standing looking at his photos. "You've changed the room around." She says. "Don't." Alec says in a cold tone. She turns around to face us both. "I don't know where to start? How to even explain?" She says. "Why?" He says. "C'mon Alec, we wasn't working. You had just became Alpha." She says. "That's not an excuse brook! You could of just left! Not fucking fake your death as well as my fucking children! Fuck you brook, I couldn't give a fuck if you died but my children!" Alec roars. She winces. "You and I both know you wouldn't of just let me leave, even if I wanted to Alec! Let alone take Jayson and Summer with me, when the car crashed I just bolted. It was my only chance." She says. "Your only chance? To do fucking what? You make it seem like I was a fucking monster. So you faked your death. You made me believe that my first love had died in a crash not only her but with my two children. My first son and my first daughter. You made me mourn something that wasn't even real! For six fucking years Brook!" Alec screams. "Alec." I say, he looks over at me and he takes a deep breath. "Why are you here Brook?" Alec asks in a calmer tone. "I came to apologise, for everything. I should of handled it all better. I was young and stupid and I panicked." She says. "Right now your apology isn't good enough. What the actual fuck brook? I've missed six years of their life. Six fucking years Brook." Alec says getting angry again. Light taps on the door stopped all discussion, I walked over to the door. It was Jett. "You okay sweetheart?" I ask. "Mom, someone's at the door again." He says. I look over my shoulder and I nod at Alec. He gives me a small smile just before I close the office door, I walk over to the front door pulling it open.