20

"You're pretty quiet." He says, as we turn onto the road that leads to the flower fields.

"You picked me up." I reply, not looking at him.

"I thought it would be better to pick you up than to let a lady like you go on her own."

I roll my eyes. As if he really cared.

"Come on, Belle. I'm trying to make it up to you. Can't you give me a chance?" He asks, trying to get my attention.

I still look out the window. "Do you know how many times guys ask girls for another chance but end up blowing it? Why don't you prove that you deserve another chance? It's not a light thing to betray people who trust you and come back asking for another chance as if nothing bad happened."

He sighs. "Okay. I'll prove that I'm being sincere and genuinely want your friendship."

This time I look at him. Is he serious?

We get out of the car and he accompanies me to the boat rentals where we rent a boat and row down the lake to the pavilion.

The last time I was here with him, I felt all giggly and like there were wild butterflies in my stomach.

I thought it was the start of a fairy tale kind of story. Who knew I'd end up a whole different after meeting this guy?

He sets the table and takes out the food from a picnic basket.

"Belle, I really am sorry."

"Yeah, I read your note."

"This is harder than I thought." He says, sighing again for the nth time.

"Like I said, what did you expect? That I'd welcome you with open arms? We forgive you, Chad. But trusting you again won't be so easy." I say.

His head jerks and his eyes look confused. "Forgive? You forgive me already?"

I roll my eyes. "It's hard, but God told us to forgive just as He does. So yes, we forgive you. We won't harbor any bad vibes." I sigh. "It'll just keep us from moving on."

He nods and looks away, ashamed.

"How are you though? I know what you mean by 'can't move on'."

I smile. He knows.

Should I open up? Or still be 'cold'?

God, you're with me. No matter what, You're there. Give me wisdom.

"I'm fine. So tired with everything going on though."

"Yeah, I can see. Your name pops up a lot on social media." His smile's more confident now.

"Really? I don't notice." I say.

We end up talking about everything going on, specifically on celebrities.

It's easy to talk to him and hard to remember that I must not let my guard down.

We end up talking till five pm.

"Shouldn't we get going?" I ask.

He agrees and we pack up and head back into the city.

"Thank you for meeting with me. And not making it so awkward." He says gratefully.