lawfully wedded embarrassment; michael gray

Michael had been dreading this moment all night, you could tell. He'd danced with you and murmured sweet things in your ear, and let his cousins fill him up with champagne, but every time he looked over at the papers in his best man's hand, his expression changed to one of apprehension and dread.
"Let's just call it off, yeah, tell him he isn't best man anymore, s'fine, wedding's gone off without a hitch without any help from him." Michael murmured into your ear as Polly ushered all the wedding guests into their seats and you leaned into Michael's side at the top table.
"Shh," you beckoned, "I've just married you, let me have a laugh at your expense."
Your husband's disappointed expression manifested into a groan as his forehead fell onto your shoulder and Isaiah tapped on his glass to get the attention of the room.
"Right, let me have your attention for a few minutes so we can all humiliate the groom together!"
A resounding cheer sounded from the table of Shelby boys seated to your right as Arthur leaned over and gave you a hearty pat on the arm.
"When Mikey boy over here first told me he'd been seeing a girl, I was happy for him, y'know? Lord knows that man can't function on his own."
"But anyways," Isaiah continued, "I then met said girl three weeks later, and I'd half a mind to ask her if she was being held hostage, because never had I met a woman so much more attractive than the man she was with. I like him for his personality, she'd insist to me, and that was before she knew he had all that money."
"Asshole," Michael murmured, just loud enough so Isaiah could hear him, but quiet enough the Duke of Edinburgh (whom you were fairly certain was somewhere in the room) wouldn't be scandalized.
"Tried to get for meself, you know, told her Michael was a bum and he never took a bath but she wouldn't budge, telling me some shit-sorry, crap-about how she loved him or whatever."
You placed a carefully weighted hand on Michael's forearm. The two of you had now shifted so that you were seated back in your chair and he was leaning forward, one arm over the back of the chair and the other holding your hand and absentmindedly patting your wedding ring. At Isaiah's comment his face grew a little dark, but you squeezed his arm just hard enough to send a message and he relaxed off his haunches a bit, placing a kiss to the shell of your ear as his best friend sent an amused glance your way.
"And as clearly shown by that little display, the two of 'em are practically glued to each other. Most men enjoy a little freedom once in a while, y'know, have a few more drinks than we probably should, stay out late, but not Michael. No, if he's away from Small Heath for more than a night, he's either glued to the phone with this one or he's panicking about why she isn't answering his calls. But anyways, let me finish this little skit of mine up before me best friend lops off this beautiful head and the police have to interfere at yet another Shelby family event."
Isaiah gave you a quick wink and leaned down to kiss you on the cheek before turning around to finish his remarks.
"Anyways, dunno why she puts up with him, but it's endearing if you can get past how fu-extremely annoying the two of them are together. Anyway, love is beautiful and all of that, and if you don't produce a son named Isaiah within the next year and a half, I'm retracting my blessing of this holy matrimony. That's all, amen."
Isaiah returned to his seat among raucous, drunk cheers, and Michael lifted your hand to his mouth, kissing your wedding ring and rolling his eyes when you pointed out it could have gone much, much worse.