71 - Into the Temple

The group diligently hacked each of the beast's corpses and drew out their beast cores. These cores can be consumed directly by any cultivator to replenish their qi and even strengthen their own body however by doing so, the risk of getting poisoned from it is high. The best way to make use of these cores is to refine it into a pill to filter the poisonous components away and even boost the efficacy of the beast core itself. Unfortunately, only magicians who have taken the path of alchemy can do the pill-refining and usually, these magicians have an affinity with the 'fire' element. Although a magician with 'fire' element isn't rare, talent plays a big factor for successful pill-refining so these so-called 'alchemists' are sparse in nature.

Yulrir and the group can only collect these monster cores and sell them once they go outside the realm. A beast core's value is actually high and it varies depending on the core's rank. The higher rank the beast the core belongs to, the higher the value of the core as well. Usually, a saint ranked beast core can be sold at the least 15 golds per piece. It is strikingly a big income for young cultivators like them. The group unanimously gave the late-staged saint beast's core to Yulrir as a token of gratitude and half of the cores to Theo and Vaughn while the rest were divided among Fenella, Eavan, Valmont, and Laur.

Theo casually gave his portion to Yulrir and the latter had effortlessly nodded as he stored the cores in his own ring. This act made everyone in the group dumbfounded and they all gave Theo an 'all-knowing' smile.

The group decided to take a rest until their qi and mana are replenished before they lead themselves inside the ruin's temple to explore.

"Aaahh!!! Junior brother Yulrir is really so clever! Hiding your aura and sneaking up into that beast! It is so cool!" Fenella waved her hands animatedly.

"Mhhhmm! It is! It is! Also, he was able to kill the beast in two strokes!!! Sometimes, I really wonder if you were really a beta or a god!" Eavan said with bright eyes full of veneration making Yulrir flush in embarrassment.

"Oi oi... have you forgot that Junior brother Theo had also unfolded something shocking! He actually possesses a heavenly-element, space!!!" Fenella added in excitement.

"Yes yes! But--- I still think that Junior brother Yulrir is the best given with his beta nature and on top of that, a beautiful face!" Eavan laughed.

"En!!! I agree on that! Junior brother Yulrir is the best!" Fenella agreed while looking at Yulrir with veneration.

Yulrir can remember how feisty and arrogant his two Senior Sisters yesterday when they first met but now, he was totally surprised by the total turn around. He can't help but feel embarrassed by the two girls' compliments and praises.

Theo who acts like a protective mother goose on Yulrir, can't help but sigh in defeat as the two girls' antics are really unstoppable. Afterall, getting praises for his wife is not really a bad idea.

"It was due to luck! The beast seems to know I was lurking around but he didn't expect that I'll be attacking... probably it was because I am a beta..." Yulrir retorted while shaking his head shyly.

"I'm surprised to meet a fellow swordsman... I can tell that Junior brother Yulrir is really a talented one!" The red-robed prince, Vaughn beamed in.

Before even Yulrir can respond, Theo stood swiftly before Yulrir blocking his wife's view of the prince.

"Of course he is!" Theo responded hurriedly.

The prince surprisingly remained calm and just nodded with a smile like he acknowledged Theo's statement.

The whole atmosphere became silent and awkward after that. Even the crows won't even dare to caw at a situation like this.

Yulrir silently pulled Theo's sleeves and gestured the man to sit down beside him. Theo gladly obliged and the invisible 'air pressure' had slowly dissipated. Yulrir knew how possessive alphas in nature and Theo is an epitome of it --- so 'manhandling' the aggressive alpha mate of him had become one of his expertise by now. Sometimes, even Yulrir can't help to find this side of Theo cute and nerve-wracking at the same time.