6. Like Never Before

Her...

He just kissed me on the cheek. Okay, I need to breathe. Let's think this through. First of all, it didn't mean anything. Second of all, why the hell is my heart beating this fast? It was one peck, on the cheek. I mean no big deal. No big deal.

Should I go out after him or stay here? I want to go out but I feel naked in my stupid shorts. I mean, all I have aside from formal dresses is what I'm wearing now. Fate hates me, doesn't it?

The way he looked at me when he saw me in these shorts a while ago almost gave me a heart attack. No one has ever looked at me with that much heat before. Like never before. I feel hot! Not like hot and sexy, no, like hot; like my body is on fire and my face keeps radiating warmth. I'm sure my cheeks are also quite red.

But no. No, no. There's no way in hell that he wants me like that or anything. I mean, he just brought me here so that I would spend the night. You know, out of his kindness. Besides, he just saw me cry for an hour or so. That must have been like torture for him. I know for a fact that I look hideous when I cry.

But why the hell did he stay and watch me? That was really weird. He is really weird... and bossy. God, I have never met anyone who barks orders around that much. And it really bothers me.

Who are we kidding? You love it and you damn well know it. You're bad like that. It feels like someone is taking care of you.

I groaned as I sat on the bed, trying to steady my breath, and think straight.

I'm not a little girl to be ordered around. Yet I can't help but do what he says. I try to object but it's not working, maybe because he's right most of the time, or maybe because somehow I know that he only does that to look out for me. Why do I even trust him this much? What is wrong with me?!

I mean, I know I shouldn't have gotten out of the car but I had to. He was going to fight them. I saw the look in his eyes and I freaked out. I don't know why I just couldn't stand the idea of him fighting for me. To be honest, I didn't even think about it that much. It happened too fast. When I saw that look on his face, my mind automatically pictured him getting punched and maybe ending up bleeding, and that just did it for me. Next thing I knew I was outside begging him to get in the car.

I felt really hurt when he yelled at me after, though. I didn't mean to do something wrong I just wanted him to get in and I couldn't think of another way. And I have no idea why I cried that much when he called me crazy. It's just that I'm not crazy. Besides, I have had enough and I couldn't have kept it in anymore. I had to get some of it out. And for some reason I wasn't worried about crying or looking weak in front of him.

Somehow he seemed different and for some reason I feel safe with him. Like, it's okay for me to cry and it's okay for me to be myself. I mean, I know I just met him, but he just makes me feel things I had never felt before.

He made me feel shy, from the way he kept looking at me as if he's looking at something really unique. He made me feel beautiful when he kept looking directly in my eyes as if he can't figure them out. He made me feel precious, like I deserved to be protected and watched after. He made me feel comfortable enough to be myself around him, which is really weird. And he definitely made feel hot, like he makes my heart pound insanely every time he checks me out head to toe.

And much to my surprise, I feel myself seeking his touch every time he's near. I mean, what the hell is that? Why do I want him to touch me? What is wrong with me? Am I truly crazy? I've never felt this way before, never this intensely. So, why now and why with him? I feel like I just want to run into his arms, cry some more and let him caress my back and whisper sweet words to me until I fall asleep in his arms.