Chapter 38 Jackets and ex's

(Still Alex's POV)

After bumping into Rachel yesterday I couldn't stop thinking of her . No, not in a romantic way, I mean what we had 5 years ago is in the past I've moved on. What I mean is , she opened all the old wounds again , and I think I owe it to her but mostly myself to take her up on her offer.

We never really talked it out back then and I think it is time to bury the hatchet and move on.

So I'm meeting her at some coffee shop to talk this thing out for good. I told Tiffany I had something to take care of for my boss so she won't get suspicious. Don't get me wrong I'm not hiding anything nor am I cheating on her.

I just don't want to upset her over something as unnecessary as this. Besides she needs to focus on the twins right now not worrying about something from my past.

"Hey , I'm glad you decided to come ."she stood up and tried to hug me but I took a step back, I'm a married man now after all. "Right...sorry."

I took a seat across from her and took my jacket off placing it next to me.
"So... I just want to say this first. I only came to clear things up since we never really did when we broke up. I have no intentions of getting back together and I'm sure you feel the same."

Ok, maybe that came out a little too harsh then I wanted it to. But , we were together for 3 years so she must know by now I'm brutally honest and doesn't suger coat everything.
"Yeah , no I totally understand and I'm 100% on the same page ."

*********
After about an hour we talked everything out and I'm glad we did. There's no longer any grudges and we now know where we stand with eachother. Now I can finally forget that part of my life and move forward with my family.

So I left as quick as I could not to create anymore weirdness between us .

"Hey I missed you ." Tiffany said while engolving me in the warmest hug.

"Hey I missed you too. What did you do today ?"

"Oh , you know a little bit of this , a little bit of that . Oh ! And Xander got his first tooth today. Must be an early developer." She stated proud - putting her hands on her hips and smiling -

"Takes after his old man ." I said with a grin

"Hey !"

"What ? You know it's true." I said as I walked off in victory to my study I really did have a lot of work waiting for me.

(Tiff's POV)

Really, he can het such a big head over the smallest things. But , I love him any way. There's no-one other than him that can make me laugh this much over the silliest thing like a tooth.

After my exhausting day with the twins I really just want to relax. So , I decided to just curl up on the couch with a good book.

15 minutes into the book I was interuppted by the door bell. Knowing Alex is in full work mode and probably isn't going to register to anything now, I stood up to open the door.

"Hey ?"
Before me stood a woman probably close to Alex's age maybe a bit younger.

"Hey, um... is Alex , I mean Alexander here ?"

"Yes he is but he's extremely busy with work . Can I maybe help you with something ?"

She looked kinda nervous which was strange.

"Um...yeah can you give him his jacket. He forgot it at the coffee shop this morning ."

"Um...sure"
"Thanks." She gave me the jacket and turned around quickly

"Wait !"
"Yeah ?" She nervously turned around slowly

"Do I know you ?"
"N-no I don't think so..."

"You sure , you look so familar ?"
"Yeah I'm sure . Ok bye !"

And with that she ran off as if something was chasing her. Okay that's weird... but she does seem so familar , minus the nervousness though.

But wait , why did she bring Alex's jacket saying he forgot it at the coffee shop this morning if he was at work...?

No.

No, he can't be ? I mean he wouldn't right ?

No, listen to yourself Tiffany don't get all worked up about nothing again. He probably bought a coffee on his way to work and she was a waitress who found his jacket. Yeah , that makes sense right ?

But , how did she know where he lives ? Unless... unless... no , get yourself together Tiffany he's not cheating on you ! He would never do such a thing.

Maybe I should just talk to him about it .

"Alex ...?"
"Hey babe , what's wrong ?"
"Um...here's your jacket. Some woman dropped it off saying you left it at the coffee shop this morning ."

If only I could perfectly describe the way his face looked. It was a mix of nervousness with confusion and a hint of guilt.

"Alex...what were you doing there this morning and who was that woman ?"

"Um..."

"Don't even try to lie to me Alexander. Please... just tell me the truth ..."

"That was Rachel... my ...my..."

"Spit it out Alex !"

"My ex girlfriend..."

"Y-your ex girlfriend ? Why did your ex girlfriend have your jacket ? Are you cheating on me Alex !?"

"No !" He tried to come closer but I stepped back afraid I'll do something I'll regret later ."Tiffany I swear there's nothing between us ."

"If there's nothing between you then why did you lie to me telling me you had work to do if you were meeting up with her ?!"

"I didn't want to upset you over something as stupid as that ."

"Then what do you think I feel now ?!"

"This was exactly what I was trying to prevent ."

"Well you did a pretty bad job ."

" I know , and I'm sorry I didn't want to upset you over something that didn't happen." He tried reaching for my arma but I pulled back , not wanting him touching me after he probably touched her.

"But it did , and you did upset me ..."

"I know and I'm sorry Tiffany ."

I turned my back making my way to the door before stopping-  with my back still turned to him. -I took a deep breath.

"I just wish you would've came to me ." I said barely above a whisper as I walked out .

Why didn't he just tell me ? I'm not 16 anymore. I would've been upset with him meeting up with his ex but not as upset as him lying to me about it. I really thought we were on a good streak. That everything started to work out ...guess not.

What did you think ? Give me your thoughts on the chapter .

Vote and Comment ❤❤

This will be my last update until after Christmas I'm spending this time with my family. Will update somewhere around the 26th or 27th.

Merry Christmas everyone 🎄