Chapter 2

Lena woke up to the sound of the steady beating of the alarm she leaned over to switch it off, rubbing her eyes as she checked her phone paranoid that Kara would cancel on the interview and go with her fiancee's idea instead, but of course Kara, her best friend, would never do that to her. Lena bolted upright when she saw the time her phone was showing. 

"No, no, no!" Lena said repeatedly, of course she set the wrong alarm last night instead of waking her up at eight, it was now ten and she only had an hour to get ready and meet Kara down in her lab, for all the days for her to be stupid and it had to be this one. Lena dashed around her apartment grabbing random bits of clothing that did not go together one bit, grabbing the last slice of chocolate cake that Kara had bought her a couple of days before and sprinting to her car, throwing her work bag in the back before starting the ignition and driving away from her apartment block, okay she officially had twenty minutes to get to the lab, if traffic was good she would just about make it. 

"Are you kidding me right now?" Lena groaned, sitting in a huge tailback of traffic, of course this had to happen today I mean why wouldn't it. In a moment of realisation Lena remembered an alternative route through the city blocks instead if down the main road, she turned her car harshly, as she sped down the other route, ten minutes until eleven, Lena put her foot down in the accelerator if she was fast she might still just make it.  Suddenly the sound of police sirens came from behind her, she looked out of her side mirror noticing they wanted to pull her over. "Fuck!" Lena shouted as she pulled over, although she was debating whether she should just keep going or not. 

The officer walked over to Lena's window as she rolled it down. "Licence and registration please" The officer said holding out her hand for Lena to place the documents in which she did. "Are you aware you were speeding?" The officer asked.

"Yes, no, maybe, I don't know" Lena stumbled hoping she would just be given a warning because quite truthfully she couldn't afford to pay a fine." The officer hummed to herself, looking annoyed at Lena's response, the brunette was smiling stupidly trying anything to get out of a ticket, a fine or worse. She was one step away from flirting, even though she was horrible at it and didn't completely understand the concept herself so it would most likely not end up well. 

"Wait there for a minute please while I check these documents" The officer demanded rather than asked as she headed back to her patrol car, it felt like years she was waiting their as the minutes ticked by, it was way past eleven now and Lena had forgotten her phone, of course, so she couldn't even text Kara to let her know she was running late. The officer returned to Lena's window, writing up a fine as she did so, Lena cursed inwardly, today of all days. "Here's your-" Just as the officer was about to explain all about the fine and so on, Lena interrupted.  

"I will literally do anything to stop you writing that fine right now, please can it just be a warning" Lena begged but the look on the officers face confirmed to Lena that she had made a terrible mistake. 

"Are you trying to bribe a police officer?" The woman asked crossing her arms, Lena laughed awkwardly. 

"Who me? No, never, although if we're talking frankly I wouldn't be the first would I?" Lena said laughing through the awkwardness of the situation. 

"I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the car mam" The officer demanded, undoing her handcuffs from her belt, Lena's heart sank, what the hell had she done, this no filter thing was really becoming an issue. Lena did as she was told as the police officer led her to the patrol car putting her firmly in the back seat. "You are under arrest for attempt to bribe an officer of the law, you don't have to say anything but anything you do say could be called upon in court" The officer said as she drove the car away with Lena in the back, okay so this was officially one of the worst days of Lena's life. 

**********************************************************************************************

"Lena Luthor you made bail!" A guard called from outside the holding cell that Lena was currently in, of course she used her phone phone call to tell Kara everything, the brunette strolled out of the cell with a guard behind her making sure she wasn't going to do anything untoward. And just as she had predicted there was Kara standing at the reception of the police station smiling and shaking her head at Lena. 

"Theres the felon I love!" Kara said happily as she pulled Lena into a hug as the pair walked out of the precinct, Lena's head bowed in shame, "I can't believe you actually attempted to bribe a police officer!" Kara laughed as they both got in her car, or rather Mikes car, the whole thing smelled of his cheap cologne, Lena groaned as they pulled away. 

"In my defence it works in all the tv shows I have ever watched!" 

Authors Note:    

Hey guys hope you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the votes, reads and comments it means a lot!