Epilogue

It's already May and everything is settled. For now, we stay in the log house on the main island. Vina, Ashley, and I share a room. Jason and Carson too. Trevor and Johnson also share a room since they decided they'd stay with us and not in Chicago.

The islands are near Famous, near our old home. The main island was arranged to be like the Maldives. The other five islands surrounding the main island are for personal purposes.

One island is for me and Shawn, Vina and Carson, and Ashley and whoever she ends up with. There are three houses that are being built for us. Another island is for Felicia and Melissa's family in case they want to visit. They too design their house. On the third island is my family's beach house and a guest house. Now these three islands are half as big as the main island.

The last two islands are mostly untouched except for the beach. A few huts are scattered on the beaches and one island holds the runway and hangar for our jets.

Since these two islands are less touched by human civilization, my parents made a contract with some wildlife reserves and zoos to use the islands as a place to keep animals, specifically endangered species, safe. A plus to that is the animals have no cages so they're wild and free to live their lives and repopulate if needed.

I never thought my parents would do such a thing. It turns out they've been working on this for quite a while now. They wanted to have these islands not to add something to their names but so that our family and those we love may have a little escape from the world's prying eyes.

I love my parents. And God too. He's so good.

I rub the heart pendant on my locket and smile at the bracelet Ashley once gave me.

The door opens and Shawn smiles at me. "Are you still writing?"

"Yeah. I decided the past year's got to be taken note of not through videos or pictures but in words and paper." I reply.

"I agree." He says. "But now you gotta pack your bags. We're going somewhere."

I stare at him, confused.

"Pack? Why?"

He smiles. "Khira. Just pack something good for three days. See you in the lobby."

He leaves me to pack and I throw in one outfit per 'season'. Something for a hot place, cold place, and somewhere in between. I never know where Shawn's gonna taken me.

I head to the lobby and see Ashley ready as well.

"Where are we going?" I ask her.

She shrugs, a mischievous smile on her face.

Shawn arrives and leads us to a boat that'll take us to one of the other islands where the runway and hangar for our jets are.

He ushers us inside a jet and soon we're in the air.

"Seriously. What's happening?" I ask. But no one answers. They just smile.

In a few hours, we've touched down in California. Somewhere near Sacramento.

Shawn arranged everything, from my guess, and we're soon picked up by a driver and brought to a beach.

Shawn shows us to a beach house.

"We'll stay here for two nights." He says. "This is one of my favorite beaches here."

For the rest of the afternoon, we walk along the beach, swim, and have a picnic.

"Wow. The sunset is beautiful." Ashley breathes.

I agree with her. Sunsets and sunrises are beautiful. God is such an amazing artist.

Thank you, God for this year. For my family, friends, and all I've been through and accomplished.

I hear Ashley fake cough and I turn to look at her, giving her a questioning look.

She points to someone behind me and when I turn around, I gasp.

Shawn's on one knee.

"To my long time crush, best friend, other half. Will you spend the rest of your life with me and marry me?" He asks, the ring glinting in the last rays of the sun. "Not that you have choice. You're stuck with me."