The Dagger

I pulled the car up outside of Alarics apartment complex, stopping the engine and staying still a moment, embracing the silence. I sighed shakily, turning to Damon, his eyes were fixated on me as his brows furrowed in concern.
"You ready?" He asked.
I leaned forward then, our lips slowly coming together. I cupped his face with my hands as the kiss deepened, feeling his stubble scratch against me. He ran his tongue across my lower lip teasingly, both of us wanting more, before we pulled apart breathlessly.
"As ready as I'll ever be" I nodded in determination, before stepping out of the car, the two of us heading into the building.

We reached the door to Alarics apartment. Pausing a moment, before I knocked the door in. The both of us sped into the room, standing behind the figure of the man himself. I noticed Katerina shoot to her feet upon seeing us, panic washing over her face as she watched us cautiously.

"I wasn't aware you two had been invited in" Klaus mused, still sat in the chair, facing away from us.
"We're here to tell you that you need to stop this ritual" the older Salvatore said simply. I stepped infront of Damon, crossing my arms over my chest as Klaus stood up, scoffing as he faced us.
"Listen to him and just stop this bloody thing, Nik" I squinted harshly at him. "Please".
"Didn't I already have this conversation with your boy toy earlier today" he responded dryly, he almost seemed bored.
"Yeah... but that was before we rescued your werewolf and vampire and killed your witch".
"Excuse me?" The rage in his questioning tone suddenly bursting forth as he rounded on Damon.

"Katerina... give us a moment".

"I've heard about you... the crazy impulsive vampire" Klaus began, a sadistically smug smile spreading across his face, before he turned to me.
"Funny... I didn't think that was your type at all, sister" he mused.
"Shut up, Niklaus" I spat. Damon simply rolled his eyes in response.

"Fine, Fine" he said, amusement still plastered on his face. "Although, I must admit that you've wasted your time coming here" he sauntered over to the coffee table, opening the screen of the laptop which was sat on it. A girl, a blonde was chained up and screaming on the screen. Klaus just chuckled, looking back at us. I felt a sickening feeling in my stomach. Of course Klaus was prepared. "The nice thing about werewolves is they tend to travel in packs". Damon nodded, agitation on his face as he looked between the two of us. "Need a closer look?" My brother closed the laptop and passed Damon a phone, the screaming continuing.
"Jules" Damon noted bitterly, his jaw tensing.
"When you spend a thousand years trying to break a curse... you learn a thing or two" Niklaus paused, pacing towards us. "First rule, always have a backup". He said, now face to face with Damon.

The two stood there silently, staring eachother down, before Klaus chuckled darkly, shaking his head.
"It really does amuse me Grace..." My brother looked to me, avoiding the subject of the ritual as he did so. "A little bird informed me that you and Damon were very close in 1864, only you compelled him to forget you... am I correct?" He smirked as I glared back in silence. Klaus moved away from Damon, walking towards me slowly. "I'll take that as a yes" he said, pacing around me slowly as Damon watched in concern. "Only, he still remains in the dark to this very day, don't you Damon?" He continued pacing, flashing his teeth in a grin as he glanced over to him. He stared back in anger, unsure of what to do.
"There's always a loophole, sister" he whispered from behind me. "But it's for that reason... I think you'll thank me for this". I tilted my head curiously and turned to face him.

"Grace!"

I heard Damon yell my name in a panic. An immense pain shooting through me from my chest. I barely registered the scream of agony that I let out as my legs gave in. I looked down, a silver dagger had been plunged into my chest, blood seeping into my shirt. I whimpered as Niklaus stepped back, his face hardened, avoiding my eyes. I glanced from him to Damon, my eyes watering as I realised what this meant.

My compulsion would be lifted.

"Damon?" I whimpered again. He attempted to move towards me, barely gaining a step before my brother slammed him against a wall.
"I have great things planned for my sister and I, don't you worry" I heard Niklaus say.

The voices were becoming unclear as my vision blurred. My fingers were numb. I tried to speak but no words came. I fell back then, the room spinning. Colours fading to black as my eyes finally flickered shut.