• thirty four

No amount of security
is worth the suffering
of a mediocre life
to a routine that has
killed your dreams.

"I officially declare this a bad idea," muttered Sirius just as his foot slipped as they made their way down to Hagrid's hut, thankfully the lad managed to regain his balance just in time, letting out an indignant huff before moving on

"I officially declare this a bad idea," muttered Sirius just as his foot slipped as they made their way down to Hagrid's hut, thankfully the lad managed to regain his balance just in time, letting out an indignant huff before moving on. It was dark out and the five students had absolutely no chance of returning back to the castle before their curfew, which was ten minutes later.

"And what exactly are we looking for?" Remus' eyes focused, trying to distinguish the figures behind the half-giant's hut, but the trees' silhouettes disappeared in the shadows of the night, giving them a poor vision of what stood a couple of feet away from them.

Alexis sighed, leaning into the humble hut for support. She too tried to find anything unusual around them. "I don't know," she whispered, "we just wait." James and Sirius let out an uncannily synchronized groan, making the others look at them with quizzical but amused expressions. "You two creep me out sometimes," Alexis smirked.

"No need to get jealous," Sirius gave her a quick wink just as he rested his arm around James' shoulder, who did not seem to mind in the slightest. "Sharing is caring, so you can have him on the weekends if you want."

Alexis had a witty remark ready that she didn't get to use because Remus pushed and pulled them all behind the hut, making them run into each other on the way. Complains were sure to follow from the two biggest whiners in Hogwarts, but Remus was quick to silence them. "Someone's coming down," he whispered and nodded towards the silhouette making its way down the hill.

"Who is that?" Sirius whispered back, leaning under Remus to have a better look.

"Why, McGonagall of course." James said with sarcasm dripping off his voice. "Didn't you know? She's having an affair with Hagrid." It took a lot of power of will to stop himself from face-palming when Sirius and Peter looked seriously concerned with the news they had just acquired. "It's Ivy, you dimwits!" He raised his voice but made sure to still keep it a whisper, his glasses slightly sliding down his nose from his abrupt movements.

Remus shook his head in a reprimanding manner and walked towards the other side of the hut to have a better view of Ivy who by now was already reaching the edge of the woods. "Is she--talking to someone?"

"Well, yeah. I reckon if someone asked to meet her here then surely there's someone waiting." Sirius leaned behind Remus, hearing his "sod off" loud and clear which was sure to start some bickering.

"Question is who is she meeting with?" Alexis whispered to herself, her eyes glued to the girl who was slowly starting to become just another shadow.