Chapter Thirty-One

"Vikings star Alexander Ludwig caught cheating on girlfriend Nicole Pedra with a former co-star! More on this heartbreaking story right after this!" the woman for E!news says on the television.

I groan into the pillow and fall over on the couch, burying my face into the cushions.

Madeline snickers from the kitchen when I do this. I snatch my head up and shoot her a glare before laying it back down.

She laughs at me again and walks over to the couch, forcing me to sit up so she can sit down.

She holds a bowl of popcorn in her lap as she sits down. I raise an eyebrow at her, and she sets the bowl in my lap.

"Figured I would make my sister some popcorn since this program is such a nail-biter!" She laughs as she stands from the couch.

"I really don't like you sometimes." I tell her.

"My apologies." She says while rolling her eyes.

She leaves the room and walks down the hall just as the show comes back on. As soon as it does, a picture of Alexander and I kissing shows up.

I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs. I mean, I expected this, but I don't like it.

Madeline walks back into the room and sits back on the couch. She laughs at the picture on the screen. "Looks pretty steamy."

"Shut up." I tel her through gritted teeth.

She reaches over and takes popcorn out of the bowl, and I just set it in her lap. I didn't even want it anyways.

I listen to parts of the show, but I find myself getting angrier at it. Stupid Hollywood reporters.

"Have you heard from Mr. Ludwig today?" Madeline asks with a smirk.

"No." I answer. "I should probably give him some space. He should be dealing with Nicole right about now."

"And when do you get to deal with Nicole? Because I want to see that." She says.

"Leave." I tell her. She smiles, but stays put.

They actually start playing the rolling clip of our kiss, and I have to walk out of the room. Why did he have to be so stupid? Kissing him in front of a ton of reporters didn't even seem like a good idea at the time, and is definitely not a good idea now.

I go back to my room and flop onto the bed. I think Madeline actually turns the television up in the living room, because I can still hear bits and pieces of the story.

I think I stay staring at my ceiling for a long time when I hear knocking on our front door.

"I got it!" Madeline sings out.

I get up off of my bed and walk into the living room, expecting to see my agent or someone else who couldn't bring good news. But instead, I see Jack.

"Hey!" I say, immediately accepting his hug. I haven't seen Jack in a while, and I haven't realized how much I've missed him until now.

"Hi! We need to talk." He says, going from happy and cheerful to serious in two seconds.

I raise my eyebrows. Hopefully, it's no bad news or anything. I think I have enough of that to worry about for a while.

I catch Madeline smirking out of the corner of my eye before she walks back to her room. She seems to actually be enjoying this.

"Alright, so I know about the deal with you and Xander..." he begins.

"Who doesn't?!" I hear Madeline's voice ring out through the house.