ii.

Thea's POV

I was thirteen years old when I entered the Jedi Temple, and looked up at Luke for guidance. I know I was hesitant before, but I now dreamed of becoming a strong jedi when I grew up.

"This is where you'll learn to control your powers and become a great Jedi," he said and I smiled up at him. After setting my stuff down in my new room I ran around the hallways trying to find my first class when I turned a sharp corner and ran right into someone.

We both fell to the floor and I looked up to see a boy around my age with dark raven hair staring at me in annoyance.

Once we stood up I apologized as I dust of my robes, but he ignored me and pushed past me. Well, he's not very nice.

I eventually found the training room and took a seat until met with further instruction.

"Today, we'll be learning self-defense with practice sabers," Luke stated. My face lit up with excitement until I saw that kid from the hallway sitting across from me.

"First up: Dante and Thea," Luke announced and I stood up, grabbed a practice saber, before meeting my opponent on the dueling mat. "So, you're going to take a stance and one may attack first, and whoever removes the weapon from the opponents hand first wins."

We took our stance, and I closed my eyes, calling to the force for guidance. I opened my eyes after a few moments and Dante made a move towards me. I easily stepped out of the way, making sure my moments were controlled and with a graceful flow. He went to strike me again, but I blocked each and every one of his attempts.

He grunted, obviously annoyed, and I could tell he was losing his patience. Which is a plus for me, because patience is a strong tool in the force; especially when it comes to dueling. Without patience, mistakes can occur. He swung his saber without any thought, and I blocked them with no effort. He swung straight at me and I bent back under it, it slid right past my nose, and I swung my leg out from under him. I then continued to kick his saber up and away from his reach, catching it and then holding both to his neck.

"Well done, Thea," Luke said with an impressed look on his face. "Dante, you must use the force with patience, and not just strike without thought. You two may have a seat."

"Girls aren't supposed to beat guys," he grumbled and I turned to him with a fake smile placed upon my face.

"Well, me kicking your ass just proved that ideology incorrect. Might want to catch up on your studies of equality, Dante. I'd suggest Senator Amidala at the start of the Clone Wars as a fine example," I suggested before heading back to my seat with a proud smile. I felt someone's eyes on me and when I turned I noticed it was that raven haired kid. Weird.

————
Ben's POV

After a few more matches, we were done for the day. Most of my classmates are without knowledge of the force... except for that one girl. I believe her name was Thea. I remember my mother telling me my uncle adopted her after she lost her real family. How tragic.

I went to the library to be alone and enjoy a book, when I saw Thea curled up with a text in one of the aisles.

She was so engulfed with the book in her hands that she didn't see me approach until I cleared my throat.

"What?" She asked with a hint of sass in her tone. I rolled my eyes and uncrossed my arms.

"I wanted to apologize for my behavior earlier. You must have just caught me in a bad mood," I said and her face expression calmed. I waited a moment before sitting across from her as she set her book to the side. What am I doing? I hate everyone here. What makes her so different? Why am I... pulled towards her?

"I'm Ben. Ben Solo," I said and reached out my hand for her to take. She hesitated before greeting me back. Sparks erupted from my hand and through my whole body and I quickly drew my hand away with furrowed eyebrows before acting like it was nothing. However, I could tell she felt it too. What does that mean?

"Thea. Thea Skywalker, adopted though," she responded with a proud expression and I nodded. "So you're the son of Leia and Han. I bet they are very proud of you since you're such a natural," she smiled and I almost rolled my eyes. Although, I am glad she didn't say that I'm the one that should be proud, because it seems that's the only thing I'm known for. Her smile made me shiver in pleasure and I never felt this feeling before; jedi aren't supposed to feel any of this. I cleared my throat, and changed the subject. 

"I know. You're quite the fighter. I was impressed. I wasn't aware you were Luke's adoptive daughter," I stated and I saw a hint of pink rise to her cheeks. We made conversation and lost track of time and soon it was time to head in for the night.

"Thea, would you like to be friends?" I asked her. She smiled.

"I'd like that."
————-

Hey guys! Let me know what you think so far. I'm trying to stray from the usual fan fictions and using my own creativity so let me know what you think!