Puppets

Author's Note: I just wanted take a quick second to thank you guys for all your comments and votes! 

Every time you guys comment it really pushes me to keep writing and I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR IT! So just wanted to say thanks, you guys I really appreciate it! ❤️

MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU GUYS! HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!

Katrina's POV

"You? You're behind all of this?" I hissed at him. 

The Knot stood there, his head tilted to the side, a small amused smile on his lips, "behind what exactly?" he stated coyly. 

My eyes narrowed at him before turning back down towards Zara, "what is going on?" I asked. 

How did Zara get here? 

"Papa, brought me" she smiled up at me, before turning and pointing at the Knot. 

Oh, you have got to be kidding me. 

My eyes shot up to the Knot, his mask perfectly in place, his lean muscled body completely covered in his green suit that he wore the last time we spoke. 

"Zara is your daughter?" I asked him, shock evident in my voice. 

I knew it was a small world, but not this damn small. 

"Yes, and I owe you everything for bringing her back to me, safely. Her Mother would be grateful too" he finished his smile dimming slightly.

"Mama is with the angels" Zara said, her voice coated in sadness but her smile still on her little face. Those bright green eyes shining with sadness as her curly purple hair stuck up in every direction. 

I immediately picked her up, pulling her into my arms. I already knew she had been through it, but this new bit of information just made me want to shield her from a dark world she had already been exposed to. 

"Where have you been? She's been with us for a while now, why are you just now picking her up?" I hissed over at the Knot. 

A dark look slipped into his eyes, "I've been busy, but that is not what this meeting is concerning, Katrina Justice" he said, his face slipping back into neutrality. 

I side eyed Rhett, before looking back over at the Knot, "what could you possibly need with me?"

The Knot stepped closer, "you survived that process Katrina, no one else has ever survived what you did. You should be dead, you should have died when you fell off that roof and you should have died when you closed your eyes in that tub".

"What does that have to do with anything? I got lucky, I-I had someone to live for" I finished quietly. 

Rhett tensed beside me. 

"You have many people to live for, Katrina Justice. We need you-"

"Who is we?" 

"Katrina, let him finish" Rhett sighed, that tension still deep in his body. 

I turned back to the Knot, "as I was saying, we need you, Supers, need you. Something dark is happening to us. Lee Don's display was only a minor step in a major production. Something dark is happening in our world, Supers are disappearing worldwide" he sighed. 

"And what makes this my problem? You said yourself that Supers are going missing, I don't understand what this has to do with me" I said, my confusion hitting new levels. 

What did they think I could do that their own powers couldn't. 

It feels like forever since I had even felt my own powers, but how would they even know that I had any?