vii.

Thea's POV

Tonight is the first ever winter ball for us padawans and I am actually excited to go with Ben. Like I've mentioned before, these kind of events aren't exactly my scene, but I feel like with Ben it will be different. Cora helped me pick out this beautiful long silky red dress. After doing my hair and makeup that seemed to take hours, I grab the dress from my closet and put it on.

As I look in the mirror, I realize this dress is too beautiful for me.

"Actually, I think you're too beautiful for it," I turned around to see Ben leaning against the door frame of my bedroom. I motion for him to help me zip the dress up, and he does it before placing a gentle kiss on my neck.

"Ready?" He asked and I nod before taking his arm and walking out into the courtyard behind the temple.

"Oh my! Thea you look dashing!" Cora says and I return the compliment. She was wearing a similar dress, but royal blue, which really complimented her eyes.

"Ben is a lucky man," Jayce said and i rolled my eyes rubbing Bens arm to calm him down. He smiled at me and I excused us as we headed for the dance floor.

"I didn't know you danced," I mentioned and he smiled as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I've been practicing," he smirked before spinning me around and dropping me into his arms, which basically took my breathe away

"I've been practicing," he smirked before spinning me around and dropping me into his arms, which basically took my breathe away. I stared up at him in awe.

"Clearly," I said before we were upright once again.

It's been a little over an hour since we arrived and Ben went to get us some punch, but after a few minutes I couldn't find him.

"Cora, have you seen Ben?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"Did he ditch you, because I swear-"

"At ease, bestie. It's alright, besides it's time for me to turn in for the night," I said and headed off to my room. I should be mad at him for leaving without telling me, but I trust him enough to know he probably had a good reason.

Later, i'd realize I was wrong. So very wrong.

————-
Bens POV

I stood in the clearing of the forest as the voices became louder and more demanding.

"Join the dark side to complete your fathers work. To save the ones you love. Like Thea. Join me, become my apprentice and I'll teach you to become strong and mighty"

I thought about it before responding. I could become more powerful than Luke Skywalker even, and Thea would never come in harms way because I would protect her. We would rule the galaxy together! Our force-bond would be stronger than ever before. I found out a few days prior and now I know what I must do. In order for us to be together I must do this. I won't let them take her away from me. I will strike down anyone who stands between us. She is mine

"I'll do it. I'll join you. I'll finish what my grandfather started," I answered and walked away. I headed to Thea's room and saw she was fast asleep. I undressed and cuddled up next to her in the silk black sheets.

I propped myself up on my elbow and studied her face. She looked so pretty in her sleep.

"I'm doing this for us," I muttered before laying down and drifting off to sleep.
—————
Thea's POV

After the ball, Ben began to act... Different. It's been worrying me and keeping me up at night. I don't know how to explain it, but I could feel something was wrong with him. This unexplainable bond we have... I can see how he's feeling.

Tonight specifically.

Ben hasn't come back yet, and I'm worried something has happened. I can feel his pain. Hours later, Ben stumbles into the room all beat up.

"Ben?! What happened?!" I exclaimed and helped him to the bed. He didn't say anything and I began to clean him up.

"Thea, please. Just love me and hold me close for the night," he asked and I hesitated before agreeing. He needed me. He'll eventually tell me I'm sure. But right now I can see he's hurting and I want to make that pain go away. I put back my first aid kit and he pulls me close, nuzzling his head in my neck.

"I love you," he muttered.

"And I You"
————