Chapter 41: The Wedding

(A/N: Hi to all my readers out there. Merry Christmas and a Happy holiday to wherever you are in the world! If you have snow there, I hope you don't freeze. I know I won't. Enjoy this good title looking chapter.)

The church was decorated heavenly, green made the inside of the chapel looked like a hidden garden as gold made it sparkle like Asgard's brightest corridors. Still, the castle puts shame in every building on Earth.

Bells chimed as the grand oak door opened up for the bride to enter. The raven-haired man had tears caught up in his eyes as he stare at his soon-to-be wife.

How you longed that it was you receiving that adoration. To have a raven-haired asgardian looked at you like the jewel he always complimented you as. To be the crowning glory of his heart. To call him yours and have the legality to rubbed it off every envious woman there is.

How you wished it was you in that white dress. It's silver frame and the bouquet that you simply adorned... Why where you even there?

Watching two people marry out of pure love while your heart breaks because yours never came.

The nights bore it's velvety beauty. Tony escorted you to your room after that curseful day of him pulling you to a date. After the ferris wheel ride, he continued to peeve you to insanity.

You let out a puff of air and relaxed under the cover of your bed. Excited to see Loki escort you back and have you wed. He never did reached you so, you thought he would surprise you. In the morning, you would find yourself in your own room at Asgard... but you didn't.

Little did you know, Asgard was gone. Loki couldn't reached you and he regret not to... How could you possibly know that? So, you assumed. He toyed with you. He's Loki, for goodness sake. Of course he would you dimwit!

How could you let yourself suffer this pain? The pain of wishing what happened had happened. The worst part is, you were asked to be the bride's maid of honor.

The closest you will ever get to be in a real wedding without being the center of everyone's awed stare. To have them smile with utter proudness as your groom sweep you away.

"And, do you..." The priest started while you block out the sound. It was far too painful to have yourself watched a union...

Everyone burst out in tears of joy, while you burst out for grief and sadness. Forcing a smile to make them believe you are glad. As glad as they ever will be, when in truth. You are pitifully laughing at how pathetically low you had made yourself.

This was the second time Loki had let you down. The second time doubled the pain... The ache... To know that your mind rages for him to never return but to feel that your heart yearned him to do so anyway.

To give his explanation why he left you. Why of all people did he give you the burden of this... this, nightmare... but he never did.

Never did he return. Now, you watched, front row viewing as the raven haired man kissed his woman in front of you...

Matt really made you remember Loki when he had his hair dyed black. Chen, being the most beautiful bride there is. She's the only one in it apparently.

You asked her if you could do the wedding yourself. Knowing her, you know she would refused but soon you had Chen wrapped around your powerful fingers as she lets you do as you please with her wedding. Making it the way you want to but making sure Chen and Matt's personality shine through the decors. The food, the venue, even the clothes.

Which is similar to how you pictured your supposed wedding. She loved it and Matt went on his knees crying at the masterpiece you have given to them.

"Remember..." Chen started as she finished up with her guests while his husband, entertained his family. "I get to decorate your wedding."

You giggled awkwardly at her childish one. Trying not to look sad at your friends most unforgettable day of her life.

"Everybody, gather up!" Chen's mother yelled in front of the banquet taking all the single ladies at the center including you.

"What's happening?" You asked curiously as the ladies seemed eager when Chen went to the stage parallel to the ocean of unmarried women.

"The most momentous event ever!" The woman with dark wavy hair cheered getting hyped up, making your confusion grow. "Girl, if you don't know this. I guess I gotta explain to you. Whoever catches the bride's bouquet gets to get married next!"

"R-really?" You asked. Seemingly desperate, you had your eyes on the bouquet of white roses adorned luscious green leaves while gold decorated it to shimmer so beautifully.

"One,.. two..." Chen started. Heart beating rapidly. She threw the bouquet with her back against the roaring women as you effortlessly grasped at the bouquet. It almost seemed like it was meant to be in your hands.

"Oh, yeah!" The people cheered as you kept your lonely gaze on the flower. He said I was his crown. I was a treasure... Didn't he treasured me? Because, I know I did.

"I guess I'm good luck to you then?" The woman said and patted your back as you smiled at her. Tears forming in your eyes.

The party went on but you still had your hand wrapped around the bouquet you had. Quietly arranging it. Daydreaming, being mentally insane and crazy. It wasn't even healthy and you knew that.

Peter even went over to comfort you being the sweetest boy he is and the best little brother you had. Also, because the two of you are broken hearted.

"Was she pretty?" You silently asked. Your foot dangling out of the facility's roof. You were both at the top, embracing the cold breeze.

"She was beautiful." He replied daydreaming about it as he let out a sigh.

"Then why on Earth did you let her go!" You annoyingly say as you playfully slap him with the flowers.

"It's for her own good!" Peter defensively say. Avoiding every attack you did. It's like he knows where you're gonna hit him.

"Doesn't make you any less of a dork." You sniffled.

"At least I'm not being a baby about it." He replied smirking.

"Urgh! You're being Stark right now."

"That's so cool!" His face lit up in amazement as he took your words as a compliment.

"That's a bad thing!" You contradicted. He went to accept it in the opposite way otherwise.