Chapter 19

It doesn't take long for me to get ready considering I already have makeup on from my interview earlier on in the day. However, I do make my night look a bit more dramatic compared to my afternoon look, which was simple and professional. I can't help but be excited for the fancy place that Axel will be taking me. By adding another coat of mascara, dramatizing my eyeliner, and applying red lipstick, my face is good to go. I decide to curl my hair for a more girly look. After a couple spritzes of hairspray, my hair is set and good to go as well.

I'm really happy that I'm going out on a Saturday night rather than being cooped up in my dorm room like the boring person I am. Desiree obviously has much more of an interesting life than I do, being that she's always out and about. Well, she's a sophomore so she already knows people around campus, but that's beside the point.

I choose a bodycon mini black dress with a sweetheart neckline that accentuates my figure, adding a thick-banded gold necklace to fill the bare space on my neck and a pretty pair of gold drop earrings to complete the look.

In the middle of transferring the necessary cards from my purse to my wristlet, such as my driver's license, debit/credit card, etc., there is a knock on the door that signals Axel's arrival.

"I'll be right out!" I take one last look in the mirror to make sure I look decent. I smooth out the flyaways and rub my lips together as I make my way to the door.

When I open it, Axel's hand is upraised in the air, suggesting that he was about to knock on the door for the third time. His eyes widen momentarily, but he quickly recovers. "You look...wow. You're stunning, Esme."

"Thanks. You clean up well too, if I might say." I blush while my inner goddess does several backflips in a row from excitement.

Axel is wearing a nicely pressed black suit with a white under shirt. The top two buttons are open. No tie. His blond hair is nicely gelled into a rather sexy style that compliments his chiseled jaw and masculine facial features. That being said, he looks good.

As we approach his sleek, attention-grabbing red car, I ask, "So where exactly are we going?"

He smirks. "You'll find out soon enough."

"The suspense is killing me," I pout.

"Even better." Axel grins at me before he opens my door, allowing me to get in. "In you go, m'lady." He makes a grand gesture with a wave of his hand. His British accent is still very evident and very attractive.

"Why thank you, m'lord." I laugh, loving how I'm always in a good mood whenever he's around. We can always crack a joke whenever we're together.

"Excited?" He asks.

"Very. Don't forget that I'm paying the bill. You won't get away this time." I remind him.

He chuckles. "I've gotten away with certain things in the past." He smirks, singling out one event in particular.

"Ah yes, I haven't forgotten," I respond, remembering certain parts of our childhood.

"If I remember correctly, you're a very good kisser."

At this, my face feels as if it's in flames. "Don't bring it up Axel, it was just a dare." I flush, putting my hands on my face to conceal my red face and to cool it down.

"Just stating the facts." He grins. "We're here."

Taking my hands off my eyes, I gasp at the restaurant's beauty. "This is..."

"Beautiful. I know. Just like my date."

Oh, date!

I blush for what seems like the fiftieth time this evening. "You're flattering me."