Chapter 21

A/N: Fifty Shades of Average is ranked #676 under General Fiction! That's a HUGE deal! Out of the millions of stories here on Wattpad, my story is ranked, and I definitely would not have been able to get here without you guys! I literally love you all so much, thank you for everything you've done for me!

I think it's about time for me to give a brief synopsis of everything that has happened over the past couple chapters. Can you believe that Esme met Chris only two days ago in the story?!?! It's hard for me to believe, and I'm the one writing it! Ha.

**This is a brief overview of everything that has happened on Friday and Saturday.**

(On Friday night, Talie convinced Esme to go partying with her at this club in L.A. Desiree tagged along with them, but later left through a different source. They got into the club with no trouble because they had conncetions from the inside, that connection being Pierce.

Esmeralda danced heavily with mystery guy, who she later found out to be Chris Grey, CEO of Grey Enterprises Inc. Later on in the night, Chris saved Esme from drunk men who obviously had bad intentions, using insanely good fighting skills. They left the club together soon thereafter in his black Audi, and he drops Esme off at her dorm.

On Saturday morning, Esmeralda decides she should be productive and look for a job. She applies for two positions: Vance Publishing Inc. and Grey Enterprises Inc. On her way back from Starbucks, she sees Talie with Pierce. Talie later tells Esme everything regarding her and Pierce's friends with benefits relationship. Talie then crashes at Esme's dorm after the exhausting Friday night she had.

The same day that Esme applied for the job at Grey Enterprises, Esme gets called in for an interview. She uses Talie's car to drive there, as she does not have one of her own. There, she meets this snobby girl named Olivia who tells her that college freshman never get called in and that she's surprised that Chris brought Esme in for an interview. Esme also meets Adrianna, a sweet lady who is also Chris's assistant. Then Esme finds out the guy she danced with, mystery guy, is the CEO.

She can't help but feel a small amount of jealousy toward Adrianna when she later on finds out that her and Chris went out to dinner that night, coincidentally at the same restaurant that she and Axel went to. Although it's a date between her and Axel, Esme can't seem to shake the thoughts of Chris from her head.)

Boy, a whole lot can happen in two days, right? LOL. Love you all so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday is here before I know it. I was sent an email yesterday from Adrianna, which gave me times, dates, dress code, and other information regarding my new position.

__________________________

From: Adrianna Lopez

To: Esmeralda Chambers

Subject: Grey Enterprises Internship

Date: Sunday, August 31, 2014

Time: 8:49 am

Hello Esmeralda,

Congratulations on your acquisition of an internship position here at Grey Enterprises. You are to report to the entrance at the left wing of the building upon your arrival promptly at 7:30 am.

Tomorrow is your unofficial first day, so you won't be working much yet. We will just get you settled in and comfortable before your official first day here at Grey Enterprises Incorporated. Mr. Grey has already made arrangements with the Dean of your college, The University of California - Los Angeles, so you need not worry about credits and missing some of your classes. Your teachers have already been made aware of this opportunity and will make accommodations to ensure that you don't fall behind your peers.