Chapter One

"Viper," I yelled as I rushed down the stairs, "I could kill you!" My feet carried me quickly, and my head snapped up from the stairs as I reached the bottom. Instead of my brother's height, and chipper blue eyes I was looking into the summer green eyes of a brunette, with pastel pink lipstick on. 

"Hello?" She smiled at me, and I glared at her. She was nearly six feet tall in the heels she was wearing, and her skinny jeans were tight on her legs, revealing every inch of their length to me. She was in a lace top, matching her lipstick and her hair tumbled the length of her mid rift. I raised an eyebrow to her, and turned to the stairs. 

"Really?" I yelled to him, "You're dating someone else, again?!" I looked back to the brunette immediately. She was looking into my eyes, and trying to make me continue my sentence. She was probably wondering what I meant, or what number she was on his list. I smiled at her and walked into the living room to sit down. I heard thumping on the stairs and tried to get interested in the show that was on the television. It was a bridal show, my mother was watching it, and I was not even a bit interested in. The television shut off and I turned around to face my brother. 

"Really?" He raised his brow and stared down at me. His blue eyes were fierce, and his blonde hair was elegantly disheveled. He smelled clean, and was in decent clothing. I looked him over with a brow raised back. "I get it," he muttered, "you're bitter. No need to make-" he struggled for her name and motioned towards her in a rapid motion, "my date feel uncomfortable." 

"Your date?" I asked, sarcastically. "She's one of five." I answered her unasked questions and mouthed the words; you're welcome to her as I approached the stairs. 

"Viva." Viper spoke loud enough to stop me in my tracks. 

"What?" I asked without turning around to face him. 

"I'm expecting an apology for this." He said to me. I laughed and continued up the stairs. 

"I'm not going to say it if I'm not sincere," I prompted, "that's just rude, really, so cold of me." I continued up the stairs until I was out of sight. I stopped to listen to the aftermath of my verbal attack. 

"I'm sorry for her," Viper tried to make up for my attitude, "she's got some daddy issues." I let my mouth fall open and stared in disbelief at the dark tan of the wall in front of me. He knew I was listening and waiting for her to reply. 

"It's okay," she said confidently, "I feel sorry for her." Sorry for me? I raised a brow and felt my temper boil. 

"I'll have a word with her when we get home," he was sure I was listening to him loudly and clearly, "maybe I'll have mum talk to her too." 

"Prick." I muttered before walking the rest of the way to my bedroom. I had been used to Viper's evil backlashes, but the 'daddy issues' comment was too far. I shut my door quietly to make him think his efforts were wasted, and that I wasn't listening. I turned my music up slowly, careful to avoid rapid change in sound and blow the 'not listening' cover I was trying to form. After a few minutes, I heard a car pull up to the front driveway and assumed it was safe to make my way back down the stairs and into the living room. I looked cautiously from side to side before entering the hallway where we had met. The coast was clear and I crept into the living room. As soon as I sunk into the couch and turned the television back on, I heard the front door shut. I shut my eyes trying to make out the footsteps that crossed the tiles towards me. 

"Vivian? I didn't know you'd be home!" My mother sounded over joyed and I scowled. 

"Yeah, I'm here." The television was still on one of her bridal shows, and she shrieked and plopped onto the couch next to me.