Epilogue

Songs:

Look After You - The Fray 

Overwhelmed - Tim McMorris

Wonderwall - Oasis 

Jack + Jill - Katie Herzig

A/N- Suggestion: When it says that the guitarist starts to play Iron & Wine, you should listen to it as you read. I was while I was writing it and I think it fits perfectly. 

| Epilogue | 

ONE YEAR LATER  {JUNE}

His heart was racing. The unnerving feeling that had lingered in the pit of his stomach was gnawing from the inside out. His hands were seating. Fuck, were they sweaty. It was almost unattractive how clammy they had become. He wrapped his hands around the black tie that was clinging to his neck. It felt too tight against his skin creating an overwhelming feeling of  suffocation. 

“Will you just calm down?” Harry looked over to where Jax stood. He had been fixing Marcus’s tie and was shooting him deathly look to calm down. 

Marriage. How the fuck did I get to this point? Harry thought to himself. In only a mere hour, he would be married. He will be saying those two simple words that will lock his future down. The two words that will bind him to his lover for all of their days. It was scary to him, but so thrilling at the same time. If only those nerves would leave him.

“You love her, right?” Harry looked over at Marcus like he had grown a third head. He secretly sent a series of curse words and threats to Rose for forcing him to make her idiot of a boyfriend a groomsman. 

Harry had countlessly suggested to Ava to run off to the courthouse and elope... but no. She wanted the white dress, rose coloured flowers, and the “fucking fondant that tasted like shit”. He didn’t care though. He’d do anything for that woman. Harry figured that was what love was all about. Sacrificing your own wants and needs for the wants and needs of the other. If she wanted the white dress, rose coloured flowers, and shitty fondant, than that was what she was getting. 

“Well? Do ya?” 

“No shit. For a hot guy, you sure are stupid.” Jax answered for Harry. Marcus cringed a tad bit at the way that Jax shamelessly checked him out. Harry chuckled to himself, his nerves calming down a tad bit. As annoying as the guy was, Harry didn’t mind Jax.  He also happened to be Ava’s best guy friend. In all actuality, Harry didn’t really have any other choice but to put him in the bridal party. 

The things you do for her, his subconscious once again reminded him of. 

They all sat around the small table that was situated inside the “groom’s” waiting room. The room was situated inside a small cabin. The wedding ceremony would be taking place along side a lake two hours away from the city. Both Harry and Ava loved the idea of an outdoor wedding. They had taken a trip the summer of their engagement to the very spot where they would be exchanging vows. The moment Ava’s eyes met the large oak tree, she knew she found the spot. 

“Lads, I bring pre-ceremony shots!” Harry’s eyes shot up and a huge grin spread across his face. Charlie, his cousin from his mother’s side (the only relative he kept in contact with) and best man, held out a bottle of vodka and a tray of empty shot glasses. 

“This is why you are my best man.” Harry chuckled as he walked over to where his cousin stood. Charlie winked as he smugly poured the alcohol inside each glass. 

“Alright mates. Take a glass.” Charlie raised his arm up as his hand grasped onto the small glass. “Today, we say goodbye to our single mate as he marries his love. May your days with Ava be full of adventure, love, and laughter. And your nights full of sexy lingerie, passionate kissing, and steamy sex.” He smirked. Harry shook his head and laughed lightly.  Harry grinned as he lifted his glass up.