10. Rage

The intensity with which he looked at me quickly made me uneasy. His dark irises plunged into mine without blinking. He continued to fire on his cigarette. Destabilized and unable to hold, I broke our eye contact by looking next to him. I saw from the corner of my eye that he made a slight victorious smile. His gaze went to the top of my head.

   "You thought the towel was a turban? " He said ironically.  

   "Given that I have only 10 minutes to squat the bathroom, I did the best I could to dry myself quickly. " I replied curtly. 

   "What a pity you didn't go over time. I'd have loved to join you in the bathroom treasure ... " He retorted with a mischievous smile.

I blush instantly at this answer. He gave a mocking laugh, before pulling a new drag on his cigarette. It wasn't fair. He liked to make me see all the colors. He was having fun with my reactions.

"By the way, there is food for you on the table there. Go serve yourself. " He said with a wave of his hand.

I had forgotten how hungry I was ... my belly had been empty for far too long. I slowly got closer to the dining table. I put my blue dress on the top of a varnished wooden chair. I saw a packed sandwich resting in the center. There was also a bottle of water. I did not know if I had to say thank you or not. But I did it anyway. He turned to me. His air was impassive.

"Don't take this for kindness. You just don't have to die now I still need you. "

"But what are you talking about? "

He smiled badly.

"You'll discover it very quickly don't worry ... "

I tried to show no reaction. What could it be? I had a very bad feeling. My belly made long gurgles. The call of hunger. I sat down and took a bite of my sandwich. My stomach thanked me on the field. Severely dehydrated, I hastened to drink several sips of water.

Evann Black always pressed on the edge of the window ignored me completely. Playing with his cigarette lighter, he lit a second cigarette and took a laptop out of his pocket and began to tap on it.

In less than 5 minutes, I had already swallowed my sandwich. My belly was finally satiated. I looked up at the criminal. He continued to act as if I didn't exist. And now ? Should I return to "my room" ? Or rather the cellar ? I had no desire. Not knowing what to do, I sat in my chair. I took the opportunity to remove the towel from my head. My still slightly wet hair fell down my back. Light ripples were formed. Meanwhile, the killer remained focused on his cell phone. I wondered who he could communicate with. No doubt another psychopath like him. He finally got up and threw the end of his cigarette through the window. He went to the sofa and pressed a remote control on the television in front of him.

My blood just turned when I saw my face on the screen. The journalist from the national news channel was talking about a strange disappearance.

Mine to be more precise.

"An 18-year-old girl, Maya Johnson from Boston, disappeared 2 days ago at a party at the University of Phoenix. Research is intensifying. At present, we don't still know the reasons for her disappearance even if the authorities favor for the moment the track of the kidnapping. If you see this person or if you have information that could lead the investigation, please contact the number that scrolls down your screen. "

So that's it ... Now the whole country knew I was gone. My throat tightened, and anger rose quickly in me.

"So what does it become to be the star of all the American news? " The murderer asked me mockingly. He walked towards me, displaying that damned smile on his face.