Begin Again

a/n: unbeta-ed bc im impatient! and my beta is busy (boooo) anyways this is garbage but i'm wrapping things up. After everything that happened to me earlier this year and this fall, I'm still unsure on how to approach this story, but I've resolved some of the feelings I personally hold on things and it's helped me write this chapter (even if its poop!) I know how to end this story and their story. Writing it is just difficult so haha *disappears* peace

-----------

Chanyeol figured he was over it, but that was just a lie that he tried to build up to help him focus on other things. His coach was beating them with more drills than usual, and that was understandable. The regional championship was the biggest opportunity the school had gotten in more than a decade, and with the amount of pressure set on his team's shoulders, it was almost dire that he blocked out any and every thought that came to mind that reminded him of Baekhyun.

That was often difficult to do, especially when it seemed like glimpses of him were more and more frequent than they were before, and it was no help to Chanyeol's case when they managed to cross paths when the latter came out of an empty room with Kyungsoo for business that obviously did not concern him. But it was proving to be difficult.

How often had he stared at the ceiling of his basement bedroom, wondering if everything was alright? Had Baekhyun been eating? He looked fine, but Chanyeol knew how secretive the boy was with his reality. And was Baekhyun sleeping alright? Maybe he wasn't...

As hard as Chanyeol tried not to care, it took everything that he had not to ask around. He had forgotten what it was like to move on without a cause. His past relationships didn't mirror how he felt for the past two weeks.

He sat up, knowing that he just had to forget about it, but with so many things left unsaid and questions unanswered, how could he? But Baekhyun was unwilling to talk to him--or at least that was how he felt about it. There was just no point in wanting closure with someone he couldn't emotionally let go yet. How they ended felt too fast, as if one moment they were perfectly fine, the next, they were bursting into flames and turning into ashes.

Graduation was nearing, which meant that so was their time together. Those who noticed and caught on with what had happened between them were kind enough to tell him that soon, he'd move away for college and forget about Baekhyun like they never happened, which was true. They were weeks away from moving into separate directions; a perfect opportunity to never look back and bury the memories without questioning a single one.

And yet, it only made him feel worse...

-

-

With all of his work done and caught up, Baekhyun was left with little to nothing to distract himself. Try as he wanted, repressing his feelings was becoming more and more difficult to the point where he almost felt like begging for more homework and papers to complete.

His desk was cleared and organized. Every pen had been put into its place, all his papers filed... There was absolutely nothing left to do. Sighing, Baekhyun pushed himself away from his desk and got up, heading over to his closet.

His bedroom walls were beginning to be too familiar and he needed to step out. He didn't particularly have a destination in mind even as he made his way down the stairs and to the front door, but it didn't matter. There was always something about running away that seemed so easy despite how complicated matters were in reality.

The cold air hit his face the moment he stepped out of the house, but Baekhyun ignored the feeling and closed the door behind him. Blood rushed to his cheeks, giving his face a faint tint of red, though it was noticeable underneath the blanket of the night.