Come to me

(Diana's POV)

"I feel like some part of me is missing. Samuel?" Nora asked. Weary colors of yellow surrounded her maroon. But, the best news was she was free from the dreary blackness.

"It's going to be alright," Samuel said.

I felt his arms around me and it felt good. We had found the way to save the vampires. I leaned my head on his chest, "You matter to me. A lot," he whispered.

My God, I couldn't help but smile like a lovesick puppy. "Do you mean it?" I asked and his answer was a kiss. His lips met mine in a passionate embrace, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think, all I had was the feeling of urgency, of an encompassing heat, of the bond of mating that made me want to merge into his body until the contours of my body were erased and there was only us.

Riley coughed. "I don't want to break this moment, but I have to go, let Oriana know all is fine. I'll be back, I don't want her worried, she's pregnant, you know. Otherwise, well... if she knew what was going on in here, she'd be here in a heartbeat. And, let's say that's the last thing I want. Things are rather complicated. And, then there's Riana...I certainly don't want her anywhere close."

"Yes. That's a wise choice," Samuel said. " Wait, who is Riana?"

"Never mind," Riley answered. "You wouldn't understand. I'm having difficulty understanding it myself, believe me."

"Are you cheating on my sister?" barked Samuel.

"What?" Riley said, surprised. "Of all the stupid things you could have said..."And then he was gone without saying anything else. As a dark angel, he could travel anywhere he wanted by just thinking about the location.

"That was not an answer, was it?" Samuel said.

I wanted to laugh. Of course, it was. Sam was so very protective when it came to Oriana. She was one of the few people he cared in his life, one of the people who mattered to him. Oh, wait, I was in that category, too, I reminded myself. That reminder melted my bones. "Riley loves her." I smiled.

Samuel shuffled his feet uncomfortably. "Diana, I..."

I loved the berry reds swirling around him. The color took my breath away. It seeped into my heart, sizzling my whole body. Though I had an inkling what it meant, I was afraid to voice it. The emotion hit me like a weightless bullet, as light as a feather, yet it was so empowering that my heart soared to the sky.

"Samuel," Nora interrupted whatever he was about to say. "Is everything alright?"

"Well, I'll save that for later," he said displaying the red tinges of embarrassment. "Nora, things that happened in here are rather complicated," Samuel explained, using the very same words Riley had used. I wanted to smile, though he was not getting along with Riley, Riley was slowly getting into his skin. "You were possessed."

"Possessed?" She sounded stunned. Yet, at the same time, she didn't doubt that Samuel was telling her the truth. Not just because he was her King, but deep down, I felt, she knew.

"Yes. Vampire shadows, dark shadows, Lucifer's soldiers...whichever name you prefer, they have taken over the Mansion. Everybody we know is now a host of these vile creatures. Do you remember anything? Anything that might help us?"

"No, not really. How did this happen?"

"No exactly sure. They are like us in a way, all I can say is that they bite and need blood and are rather hard to beat. And, we are sitting on a timer, the hosts can't tolerate the possession for long."

"Is that why I feel tired? How long has it been?"

"Probably. Possession takes a toll on the host. Not sure about that, too. I wanna say only a few days, but I don't really know." Samuel was uncomfortable admitting this. How could he explain what had happened to us?

None of us knew what the time we spent in the alternative world meant in here. Had a lot of time passed? Or none at all?

"Knowing this, I just feel dirty, if you know what I mean. Like I need a shower. But, how can one clean one's soul? Do you think...."

"You are fine," I assured her. "I can see into your soul and it's clean. Any trace of it is gone." She needed to know that.

"Thank you. We need to save them, we can, right?" Nora asked, hesitant. "You can, Samuel?"

"Yes. Diana is our miracle weapon." Pride in his voice. Golden yellows and autumn oranges made him shine like a rainbow. "We'll take what is rightfully ours tomorrow once Riley comes back."

We collected the fallen leaves on the ground, made a soft bed from them, we'd sleep on the ground tonight. Samuel gathered me in his arms and I closed my eyes snuggled into his body. "What were you going to tell me?" I asked, yawning.

"It can wait. Sleep, Di. Sleep baby." His thumb caressed my cheek. Up and down. Softly. "You need my blood," I said, lifting my wrist. It was hard, somehow I felt so tired. Yes, I was so tired. My eyes were drooping. Though I was lying on a hard ground, and it was cold, it didn't matter, his body felt like a warm blanket, a hug, it felt like peace. I didn't remember whether or not he drank from me as I slipped into a deep sleep.

**********************

The time had come. He could feel her presence. She was back. He had waited long for this.

A single dust particle pirouetted down with the breeze, spinning in the air, floating and twirling in the air, seeking its destination. Though the wind wanted to whisk it away, it was too strong, too determined to be swayed. It blew over the young woman's face, circling over her forehead and then landed right between her eyes. "Come to me."

The command was given.

The young woman lifted the King's arm off her body. The King was sleeping but only lightly. Yet, he would not hear her leave, he would not feel her absence. The dust particle made sure of that. The medallion flickered beneath the woman's shirt, giving a fair warning, but the woman was not aware. She would not awake. So, she walked, following the directions of the dust particle settling comfortably on her forehead. It was now her eyes, it was her guidance, it was her master.

The path was in utter blackness, but the woman didn't need the light. The darkness on her face pressed in on her, making her sigh deeply in her sleep. Her mouth opened as if to scream, but nothing came out. The howl of the wind muffled her footsteps.

She walked. Towards the Mansion. The gate was open.

Alessandro stood, grabbing her by the elbow. "She is here," he announced. The dust particle flew off, disappearing into thin air. The woman swayed on her feet. Alessandro held her tightly. "Steady," he said as if she could hear him.

The voice in the dark spoke in a low one. "Good, bring her to me. Finally. Mmmm, I can smell her blood...It's so good."

"Now what?" Alessandro asked.

"Now we can put our plan into motion. He'll come for her tomorrow."

Thanks for reading

Alena