Chapter Twenty Four

I'm out of covers to post. :(

To all my creative readers out there (so all of you!) if you're interested in making a cover for Coffee Shop, go ahead! Private message me if you do and I'll give you the information to be able to send it to me.

I'll upload the cover to a chapter in this book, as you've seen up to this point, and dedicate it to you. I would really appreciate it! I love seeing what you all come up with, and just how creative you are! 

I'm going to shut up now, so happy reading!

Chapter Twenty Four

Exactly at six, he walks inside the coffee shop and I finish my conversation with Jordyn before leaving with him.

When we reach our destination, I'm confused when I step out of the car and see we're parked at an apartment complex only a few minutes away from the shop.

Brendan seems to catch my confusion because he quickly explains, "I thought I could cook tonight, if that's okay?"

"That's perfect."

We head inside and he leads me to an elevator. When we get to his floor, he lightly grabs my hand and guides me down the hall to his door.

After I step inside, it's clear he's already cooked because of the yummy aroma that resides in the apartment.

I take a minute to look around, taking in all of his place. It's so nice. The living room and kitchen are practically the size of our entire apartment. Well, that might be an exaggeration, but the open area is pretty big.

After I take it all in, we sit and eat on the living room couch, talking for a while before I go into the kitchen and start doing the dishes. It's the least I can do because he cooked.

As I'm rinsing them and loading them into the dishwasher, he comes in and insists that he helps.

And I soon regret letting him.

While I close the door, he sprays me with the sprayer in the sink and I can't help but scream from the cold water.

"You're going down!" I declared, taking the sprayer away from him and getting him back. As I'm spraying him, he moves closer and grabs me and turns me so he's holding me from behind. I manage to still spray him in the face, even with him behind me.

Laughter fills the air as we have a full out war in his kitchen.

I eventually try running away so I can lock myself in a bathroom or something to get away because he's definitely beating me, but he catches me before I can even leave the kitchen area.

I squeal a little when he does and he turns me to face him.

And then, he kissed me.