Ch.14

Previously
"Once again I'll take that as a yes..see you next month Whomping Willow"
.\./.\./.\./.\./.\./.\./.\./.\./.
Dark Forest

Winter break is finally over though I will miss those sleeping hours. It's time to study like there's no tomorrow!

"How was your winter break Hermione?" "It was splendid my other relatives came over as well" I nod smiling as I continued to write notes. A flapping sound stopped on my head already knowing who it is,"Hello Smoky" he hoots dropping a dead mouse on the side of my parchment paper,"thank you Smoky...but Im not one to eat mice"

He screeches quietly grabbing the mouse in his beak. His size has surely grown over the break and small white spots are starting to appear on his back,"alright Smoky go home" he hoots taking the mouse with him,"Ron you have to study or you won't pass your tests" Hermione lectured him. Saying he was ready for the tests which resulted in him showing how unprepared he really was."whats that sound?" A crowd of laughter came from the doors. Neville came bouncing towards us,"oh no...malfoy"

"You've got to start standing up to him" I grab Neville so he could balance himself,"he came at me" Harry handed him a chocolate frog Neville thanked him giving him the card,"Dumbledore again...wait a minute here he is! Nicolas Flamel" harry read the description on the card making us ponder for a minute."let's go to the library!"

"I had you looking in the wrong section how could I be so stupid" Hermione dropped a large book,"I check this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading" "this is light reading?""Hermione we have a slight different definition of what light reading is" she rolled her eyes pointing at his name in the book,"Nicolas Flamel is the only know person to have made the Sorcerer Stone" Hermione continues to read the book,"so that must be what Professor Snape is trying to get"

As night fell we went to warn Hagrid about Snape...again. 'Hope he's home'  we knocked on Hagrids' door he opened it sighing,"don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no state to entertain" "we know about the Philosophers Stone!" We all said in sync,"oh"

"We think Snape's trying to steal it" harry began getting inside the hut. "Are you still on about him" hagrid asks going to his fire place"we know he's trying to steal but we don't know why""Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone. He won't steal it." Fang walked up to me pulling my cloak I smiled playing around with his face. I sat by Hermione on the arm rest fang dropped his head on my lap drooling a river on the floor,"ew, fang" a rapid tapping came from the pot over the fire, Hagrid grabbed it taking it to the table. We followed circling around."Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Harry asks I squeal already knowing what it is,"it's a dragon egg! Hagrid how did you get one?!" I pulled on his sleeve staring at the egg.

"I won it. Off a stranger I met down at the pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid of it, as a matter of fact" the egg starts to shake harder almost exploding the dragon walk around looking at everyone," that's a Norwegian Ridgeback my brother Charlie works with these in Romania" Ron said staring intensely at it,"Isn't he beautiful? Oh he already knows his mummy hello Norbert" "Norbert?" "He's gotta have a name, don't he?" "I think it's perfect fits him well" I smile petting the dragon the ridgeback sneezes on hagrid burning his beard a little,"he'll have to be trained up a bit, of course..who's that?" We all turn to the window the familiar blonde hair couldn't have been more obvious,"malfoy"

"Knowing Malfoy he's going to tell a teacher...I'm going to tackle him like he stole my last cookie!" I ran out the hut,"(y/n)! What are you doing?!""just go back to your common room fast!" I see Malfoy turn the corner just as I turned he was heading start to Professor McGonagalls class,"don't think you're getting away with this Malfoy!!" I dove at him dropping us into her class we rolled on the floor,"let go of me!""as if snake boy!" I sat on his back pulling his arms backwards,"(L/n)! Let go of him-","Professor McGonagall there are students out of bed and she was one of themOW! Let go already!"

We followed Professor McGonagall in the halls find Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "I didn't catch him in time.."

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives the student the right to walk about at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken (L/n) I'm going to talk to Professor Snape about this" I nod turning to glare at Malfoy,"and to make sure it doesn't happen again all five of you will receive detention" Malfoys smirk dropped walking up to Professor McGonagall,"Excuse me, Professor, perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said all 5 of us" I snorted watching Malfoy in his confused state,"no you heard me correctly. Honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours you will join your classmates in detention"

"Haha Malfoy thought he could get away" I walked between Harry and Malfoy,"I would have but McGonagall didn't look over it also where did you learn to tackle someone like that?"I chuckle swaying side to side,"dad, used to play football with his brothers when he was younger and with my grandpa. Taught me some of that muggle game though he prefers Quidditch. Didn't think it would come in handy like tonight" Harry nudge my shoulder,"did you really tackle Malfoy?" I nod Harry links his arm with mine laughing quietly.

"Pity they let the old punishments die was a time detention found you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons, god I miss the screaming" Filch mumbled out,"you'll be serving detention with hagrid tonight he's got a little job to do in the Dark Forest." Hagrid walked out of his hut tears ran down his cheeks,"good god, you're not still on about that bloody dragon are you?"," Norberts gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony"

"That's good, isn't it? He's with his own kind." Hermione spoke out,"what if he doesn't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby." "For God's sake, pull yourself together. You're going into the Forest. Got to have your wits about you" Filch groans out rudely.

"The Forest? I thought that was a joke. We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed and there are werewolves" a wolf howl came out of the forest scaring Malfoy,'if only he knew what I went through last time' "there's more than werewolves in those forest you can be sure of that...nighty-night"

"Right. Let's go" we walked into the dark forest wolf howls rounded the forest rustles and breaking of twigs snapped around us. "Hagrid What is that?" Hagrids' fingers were covered in silver goo. "What we're here for"